System #54 (Aerius i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RBaldwin

1. Member Name: Reid Baldwin

2. Location: Portland, OR

3. ML Model(s): Aerius i

4. Year Purchased: 2005

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics:

Digital Source
  • Sony SCPH-39001 CD player
Amplification
  • Yamaha HTR-5830 A/V receiver

7. Although the speakers were difficult to place in such a small room, after some careful toe-in, wall dampenings, and geometric placement of the listening station, I was able to achieve an unparalleled listening experience.

8. Photographs

Here is my system:
AeriusSystem.jpg

Amplifier:
Amp.jpg

CD Player:
SonySCPH-39001.jpg

Listening Station (the sweet spot):
ListeningStation.jpg

Nice.....

Hey,
Nice acoustic room treatments...... :D

Doh! Your sweet spot looks more like a sweat spot...

I can see acoustic drop cloths laid randomly across the floor, nice but could be cleaner. Try draping a bed spread over the TV and dresser to absorb the merging sound waves. This will focus the center stage. Drape something like a decorative qulit over the bed head board to absorb the back wave off the wall.

I strongly urge you to invite a female up to your room.........several things might happen.

1. She is horrified and walks out, which in turn makes you to clean up pronto.

2. She is horrified and starts to clean up, perhaps nagging a bit but feeling needed - you become her lost puppy that she will change.

3. She is horrified but so drunk that she does not care, and wants her itch scratched anyway.

Too bad you did not buy Maggies, I once saw someone hang them from the ceiling to good affect.

Don't feel bad about your set up. The former chairman of the school of Architecture at the University of Michigan once described his listening set up - like yours only a bit cleaner. :)

RBaldwin, I was thinking that maybe I was a little course with you. I meant my comments in the spirt of humor and hope I did not offend you or anyone else. Cheers, George/kach22i.

Edited for spelling

kach22i said:
RBaldwin, I was thinking that maybe I was a little course with you. I meant my comments in the spirt of humor and hope I did not offend you or anyone else. Cheers, George/kach22i.

Edited for spelling

I think RBaldwin himself put this system up in spirit of humor as this is still his only post...and why would he show us his (if it even is his) sweaty pillow? EEK!!
:D

Back