System #539 (Expression ESL 13A)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbjensen

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Steve Jensen

2. Location: Dallas, TX USA

3. ML Model(s): L/R: Expression 13a (2); Center: Illusion C34a; Balanced Force 210 (2); Side Surround: Electromotion FX2 (2); Rear Surround, Front and Back Height: Electromotion R (in-ceiling) (6).
4. Year Purchased: 2018

5. Mods/Changes: None.

6. Associated Electronics:
Main 7-channel amp: D-Sonic M3-5400-7
Preamp/Processor: Anthem AVM-60
4-channel amp for height channels: Class D Audio SDS-450C

Roku Premiere Plus
Mac Mini with Roon/Tidal
PS4 Pro
Oppo UDP-203
LG OLED 65C7P
Perdue Acoustics treatments

I've been an audiophile since I was a teenager in the mid-1980s. I would read the magazines, and visit brick and mortar stores to drool over high end equipment. By the late 1980s, I heard Martin Logan electrostats for the first time. And, boy-oh-boy did I want them. But for decades, I waited. I didn't have the right spot for them, and the right budget.

Last year, my wife and I decided to do an extensive remodel of our home. We decided to add a new master bedroom onto the house. Once we made that decision, I realized that this could be the time to add a dedicated Media Room as well. Then, I could buy my dream system, and finally get those Martin Logans. And so we did. It's delightful.

The system is a 7.4.2 surround system, with in-ceiling speakers for front and back height channels, and also for the rear surround channels (a compromise). We wanted to make the room multi-purpose, so we included a conference-style table that we use primarily for board games, which our family enjoys. But, the room is clearly primarily about music and movies/TV. We love it.

Attachments

• IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Very nice setup! I presume you're running the 13A's full range, and using the corresponding downloaded filters for the BF 210's. Are you running the subs as a stereo pair, or dual mono?

I have a similar setup for music... running my 13A's full range, with a pair of BF210's set up as dual mono.

Very nice setup! I presume you're running the 13A's full range, and using the corresponding downloaded filters for the BF 210's. Are you running the subs as a stereo pair, or dual mono?

I have a similar setup for music... running my 13A's full range, with a pair of BF210's set up as dual mono.

You've got it. I downloaded the filters. I got a bit confused about the preferred bass management settings for the 13a's. But I ended up setting them to full range, as that sounded better to me. And I am also running the subs as dual mono.

Back