System #536 (CLS II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tapepath

Reaction score
Hello,
1. Ken Swauger
2. Hagerstown, MD. USA
3. CLS II
4. 1994
5. Crossover can be switched from CLS II to CLS IIa
6. KWS 1 preamp, KWS 2 amplifiers, Maplenoll Ariadne Signature, Shelter 901, Bent Audio Silver transformer, Tom Tutay phono stage, Janis W1, Harbeth HL5, Spica SP50, conrad-johnson MV75a-1, Kenwood KT7500 tuner, Doge 6 CD player, Well Tempered turntable, Ampex 351 transport, Dehavilland tape electronics, Crown CX824, Tandberg TD20, Tapesonic TS80, Stellavox SP7, Revox PR99, Revox PR99 playback, Revox A77HS, Revox A77 MKIV, Tandberg 64, Sony TC850, Sony TC666D, NAD6300 and Nakamichi BX100
7. My experience with Martin Logan has been extremely satisfying, they have provided countless hours of musical enjoyment. They have been highly reliable and have only required periodic cleaning.

Attachments

• IMG_5347.JPG
    IMG_5347.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 424
Thanks, Dave! Here are some additional photos:

Attachments

• IMG_5348.JPG
    IMG_5348.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_5349.JPG
    IMG_5349.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_5350.JPG
    IMG_5350.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 413
Nice ! looking better all the time !! ........ :rocker:

Here's some more:

Attachments

• IMG_5351.JPG
    IMG_5351.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_5352.JPG
    IMG_5352.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_5353.JPG
    IMG_5353.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 396
Thank you, I'm enjoying it very much. This is the first time I've been able to have all of my records and tapes in the same location as the equipment. It's great to be able to pick out a record and not have to go into another room to hear it. In our previous house the listening room was too small to play the CLS so I had to put them in storage in another room. During that time I used either a pair of Spica TC50 speakers or a set of Harbeth HL5 speakers.

When I way having my interfaces for my CLS IIz's worked on I brought in my Spica TC50s. They are an amazing speaker you can still find used for about $200 on the web.

I agree completely about the Spicas, John Bau was the designer and certainly built a classic. It's tough to find a pair that hasn't needed tweeter or driver replacements. The characteristics of the crossover components were individually matched to the driver specifications.

The same with mine, for a while several years ago I added a pair of Decca ribbon tweeters placed on brackets. Added a bit of transient detail.

Thanks, Tim. I enjoyed your thread about the evolution of your system, building a dedicated listening room yourself. Quite an accomplishment, you should be proud.

tapepath, I don't see that anyone noticed your Tandberg 64 deck with the stick shifter tape control. Does the magic eye meter still work? (it's not a VU meter)
Are you still taping? 1/4 trk or 1/2 trk?

I just purchased a refurbished Otari 1/2 trk deck and did listen to one tape thru the CLSs. Sound was great. I expect to create new digital copies of the tapes, mostly. My new recordings are mostly record/cd directly to pc. Tape is extremely expensive and service is very hard to find.

Back