System #506 (EFX, Motif)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccc11223

Reaction score
Name: Cameron Collins

Speakers: Martin Logan EFX, Motif X, EM-FX2, Motion 4, Depth i

Electronics: LG 65EG9600, Anthem AVM 60, 2 Anthem Statement M1 Amplifiers, Theta Dreadnaught D 5 Channel Amplifier, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray Player, Xbox-One, NVidia Shield TV, Nintendo Wii, HTPC, Furman Elite 15pfi

I started my system in 2013 with the Martin Logan mlt-2, 5.1 home theater kit. I was immediately bitten by the home theater bug and upgraded the front speakers to the EFX, the center to Motif X, and the Sub to the Depth i in 2014. I then upgraded my surround channels to the EM-FX2 in 2015 as well as moving from a Marantz SR6008 to the electronics I have now. I also added the Motion 4’s in front to use as atmos channels when I received the AVM 60 in January 2016. I am loving the atmos experience, and think it was a major upgrade to the immersiveness of my system. I have brought my system as far as I think I can take it in my current apartment. My next round of upgrades will most likely be to the Summit X as fronts, moving my EFX to the rear surround position, and replacing the Motion 4’s with 4 EM-R or Vanquish in ceiling speakers for atmos channels. I am also considering a pair of balanced forced 210’s to replace my depth i, but these upgrades are still a few years out, as they will not work in my apartment.

I use a Logitech Harmony ultimate home for control, and have Phillips hue lights throughout the apartment for those interested in home automation. I also have a few Lutron dimmers installed, and use pico remotes and a staples connect hub to create scenes that I can control from keypads throughout the apartment.

Pictures Below.

Thanks,
Cameron

IMG_8659.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back