System #498 (SL3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artjazz

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Elisha Govan
2 My system:
3. Location: Alpharetta, GA
4. ML Model(s): ML SL3
5. Year Purchased: 2009
6. Mods/Changes: no mods
7. Associated Electronics:
8 channel listening: 5 CHANNEL
Emotivia, A three-channel amp
VSX-53, 7.1-Channel 3D Ready Elite A/V Receiver
Sony CDP-CX355, 300-disc changer
PANASONIC’S DMP-BD30 Blu-ray Disc Player
GRACE, GDI-IRDT200 INTERNET RADIO/

Other components attached:
Dish DVR box
Cables - Primarily Spider Cables/Monster Cables Monster interconnects and speaker cables
Klipsch’s KSW 10 Series powered subwoofer
Boston’s PV400 Power Vented subwoofers

9. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
I heard the SLR3’s back in the mid-90’s, and like most young men, I dreamed of the day that I could afford my own set. I was back in NJ (My Home State) during the early part of the recession, and shopped frequently at the Maple Shade, NJ, used record called “The Album Hunter), now closed), and CD store, which also carried better brand name electronics. I was at a lost for words, when I walked in one day in 1998 and saw a flawless pair of SLR3’s displayed. Yes, I immediately asked for a demo, and was floored by their accuracy and fidelity. As there were no imperfections, nor were there any signs of ageing, they looked brand new, I purchased them on the spot, for cash. I have enjoyed my SLR3’s since then, and have had no problems. I have paired them with a variety of amps and receivers in the ensuing years, and had no problems. Oh, yea, I would not trade them up for the newer models unless I notice some deterioration in sound quality, or the sound stage failed to reproduce Miles, Coleman, Herbie, and or Dave Rubeck, to my specifications.

Attachments

• MY SRL3s  8 .jpg
    MY SRL3s 8 .jpg
    47 KB · Views: 319
  • MY SL3'S.jpg
    MY SL3'S.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 320
Back