System #477 (ML ESL)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlart

Reaction score
My Name: Jan Lewczenko

ML Model: Martin Logan ESL

Year purchased: 2014

Mods/changes: No

Associated electronics: Carver amp M-500T, Carver preamp C-1 Sonic Holography, Carver Digital Time Lens, Audio Control C-101-2, Audio Control Phase Cupled Activator, Marantz CD-63SE, Denon DCM-560, Dual sub system SVS-SB-2000

Commend:
My power amp and preamp (Carver), I owned for over 20 years, some other components I changed and or upgrade. I used mainly two channel stereo set up for my music. Over the year's I owned many speaker sets but were never hundred percent satisfied with the way they sound, always tweaking with the equalizer to achieve, brightness and spaciousness i’m satisfied with, until I bought Martin Logan ESL. For entry-level electrostatic speakers they sound wonderful in totally flat settings, combine with two SVS, SB 2000 subwoofers sound is very clean punchy and natural. When I went through my extensive CD collection I noticed some of my music sounds totally different and I wanted to listen more and more, the details I can hear on my ML’s I wasn't able to hear on conventional speakers, I love it and I become addicted to it, my audio system is playing jazz almost all the time.

I'm 63 years old audio nut, I came to US from Poland 32 years ago and I love it.
Because my English is my second language I wanted to apologize in advance for some mistakes in the future posts. I'm using Dragon Dictate software for my writing because it makes easier and quicker for me, but the software is not perfect, and perhaps because of my accent and pronunciation, sometimes some wards means something else then I intended to, in case that happened you would have to make up what I meant. Thank you for understanding.

Attachments

• 2014-04-11 11.23.16.jpg
    2014-04-11 11.23.16.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan, Welcome…….. nice to see the blend of classic (Carver) and new (ML) !
……… and your English is just fine !

Latest posts

Back