System #466 (Summit X)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

bikerneil

Reaction score
mac-tweety:

Thanks for the follow-up. Your system is beautiful. I like that stand, but I can't find it here in the States. Thank you also for your notes on the Montis vs. Summit X. I love all your McIntosh equipment, just beautiful!

mac_tweety

Reaction score
Dear administrator

how can I change the headline from "Montis" to "Summit X" resp. to "Expression 13A" due to system update. Thank you for your support.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Dear administrator

how can I change the headline from "Montis" to "Summit X" resp. to "Expression 13A" due to system update. Thank you for your support.
I think the site policy should be that you can edit the thread title after you post updated system pics! :D

Actually, just click on "Edit Post" then "Go Advanced."

mac_tweety

Reaction score
Sorry, I can't find "Edit Post".

I only see "Post Quick Reply" , "Go Advanced" and "Cancel"

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Dear administrator

Done 'Mac' ...........

mac_tweety

Reaction score
As we all know, the update fever never stops. That's why I decided to test other speakers.
At first I tried to go a completely different way. I thought it would be a good idea to change the system to dynamic speakers.
First I tested Dynaudio C4 Platinum, which sounds very good compared to Summit X. Dynaudios were a bit crisper in the heights, but lacked in the middle and had less space.
Therefore, I started a new experiment with the ML Expression 13 A. My dealer has also presented them to me at home.
Now the beautiful mids and wonderful spatiality were even better than the Summit X. Also the highs were shining. In addition, the bass could be adjusted with ARC to my room.
Long story short... I have chosen the Expression 13A :eek: and traded-in the Summit X. Attached some pictures of the test installations.

K1024_Sum_Dyn.jpg

K1024_Sum_Expr.jpg

RCHeliGuy

Reaction score
As we all know, the update fever never stops.
For some. I tend to get to a point where I'm happy and I call it done.

The only time I upgrade is when I dip my toe in on something to see if I care enough to jump all the way in the pool. Then if I do care enough to upgrade I try to buy once and be done.

timm

Reaction score
Awesome!! So How is the bass on the 13a? I know the arc pulled it together a bit - but without it - how do those larger cabinets impact the bass overall compared to the summit x? Are those 601s or the 1.2kw? What amps are you driving them with?

mac_tweety

Reaction score
Dear Timm,

even without ARC (I give them some time for break in) bass is better and deeper compared to Summit X.
Same with all other tonal aspects. The Expression is an overall improvement.
90% I use MC601 for listening but also the MC275 harmonize very well (especially voices) with the Expression.