System #464 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDSPHOTO

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Mark

2. Location: Atlanta, GA

3. ML Model(s): Summit, Stage, Descent, Passage

4. Year Purchased: 2010-2013

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics: Pre/Pro-Anthem Statement D2
Amp-McIntosh MC-207
TV-Panansonic 65" Plasma
Turntable-VPI HW-19 JR
Tonearm-Audioquest
Cartridge-Sumiko Naked Blue Point
CD Player-Krell KPS-20i
Wadia 170i-Pod Dock
Blu-Ray-Oppo BDP-105
JVC VHS (Yes Still Have One)
Monster Power Conditioner
Audioquest Carbon HDMI
Audioquest Sub X Sub Cable
Audioquest Rocket 88 Speaker Cable
Diamondback XLR Interconnects
Tara Labs RSC Interconnects
Billy Bags Audio Rack
Control 4 Home Base System

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I recently switched out my two channel system for this 5.1 surround system. A little bright and slightly unfocused, but hope to add some sound absorption to get it dialed in. Watching my wife jump while watching Underworld thinking something was behind her was classic. I also added a second set of speakers in the basement off the amp for whole house music. (It’s a very open home). My neighbors across the lake say my system sounds great when they are out on their deck!

Attachments

• MainMusicroom.jpg
    MainMusicroom.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,353
  • sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 1,232
  • Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 1,153
  • surrounds.jpg
    surrounds.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,237
Last edited:
Looks good Mark..........now get those Summits out in the room a couple of more feet !

I'm with you, now if you can just convince my wife to put them farther out in the room!

Today is fathers day, it's your castle....now show her who's King !!! ....well at least for a day !

Hi Mark,

After having a "live" room such as yours in two different houses, I think a large area rug between the couch and speakers and some absorption on the back wall will provide significant improvements.

GG

Hi Mark,

After having a "live" room such as yours in two different houses, I think a large area rug between the couch and speakers and some absorption on the back wall will provide significant improvements.

GG

Thanks Gordon a rug is our next purchase. Now if I can just get my wife to make a decision on the style, color, etc. I love her to death, but quick decision making is not one of her strong suits.

Thanks Gordon a rug is our next purchase. Now if I can just get my wife to make a decision on the style, color, etc. I love her to death, but quick decision making is not one of her strong suits.

Try overstock.com they have quality brands and way too many choices. That's where I found several for my house, free shipping too.

Hi Mark, are your wires under the floorboards? How is that area clean?

Hi Mark, are your wires under the floorboards? How is that area clean?

We built the house so we pre-wired everything in the walls and we estimated where the speakers would be on the front wall and had the electrician install an outlet behind each speaker so the power cords are hidden.

Back