System #46 (ML Statement E2, Theater i, Monolith IIIx)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbados

Reaction score
Member Name: Gerren

2. Location: Barbados

3. ML Model(s): ML Statement E2, Theatre i, Monolith IIIp

4. Year Purchased: 97-2003

Associated Electronics

2 x Krell FPB 650mc (dipolar towers)
1 x Krell FPB 600 (subwoofers/wired for 8 ohm operation)
1 x KPS 25sc
1 x VPI Mk IV w JMW 12" Memorial
1 x Krell EVO 525 (coming soon)
1 x Krell EVO 707 (coming soon)
1 x Krell Theater Standard Amplifer
1 x Sony PS3 (temp blu ray)
1 x JVC RS2 (coming soon)

Cables

MIT Oracle Speaker Cables (Statement E2)
MIT Balanced Interconnects
Discovery Interconnects (VPI Mk IV Turntable)
Krell Cast Interconnects (KPS 25sc - FPB 650mc)

Room Treatment

ASC Full Round Tube Traps
ASC Sound Planks
UPDATE #1:

So I've finally started to setup the system in the new house. This move almost killed us. I will update again when it's all cleaned up and the new Krell and Projection equipment is installed. Also in the works is a Kaleidescape set up to rip my video library. This will interface with a 12" Crestron TPS 12G QM touch panel to control all HT and thermostat functions.

Cheers,
Gerren

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 4,535
Last edited:
I'm guessing that in your climate you keep the curtains closed a lot to cut down on solar heat gain.

Is that a bass tube trap in the middle? Is the absortive side or reflective side facing you?

Hello,

It's air conditioned 24/7 and the reflective side of the tube traps is facing me.

Nice to see your system here again.

What happened to your center channel?
I don't see it in the picture anymore.

EricE said:
What happened to your center channel?
I don't see it in the picture anymore.
Look up.

Look waaaaaay up.

(apologies to non-Canucks who might not get the joke :)

Dohhhh. I just saw it in the pic.

Are you a former Canadian? I knew that quote right away....LOL :D

OOPS. I thought I was replying to Barbados.

This system is always beautiful... :)

A/C 24/7 and Krell to drive your system, I even don't want to imagine the amounts of your electricity bills... but I guess your pleasure is even higher...

WOW....
Barbados when are you having an open house for all of us to come down and hear your system?.... "preferably during the cold winter months".

As soon as I get my Theta Casablanca III and get my Theta Voyager repaired you guys are welcome anytime. Also this is the 3rd time my FPB 600 has broken down due to some microprocessor board fault so I'm thinking of just getting a Dreadnaught to drive the subs, center, and surrounds and have it sit right where the FPB 600 sits now...Right about then I'll get a proper stand built for my equipment as this one is just not right for the room.

Barbados

Now that these killer amps ar sooooooo smart there are just too many little things that can go wrong with them. I've been seeing a few Levinsons and Krell FPB's being serviced. Protection and amp controls can go a little too far I think.

Talking to the Classe rep (while I had my Classe in for service...) The new Delta series have so much protection and monitoring that a phone cable could be plugged in and someone at Classe could do a realtime diagnostic on the amp for you and tell you how hard it as worked and if or when the protection has tripped the unit. So there is a little black box inside recording how you listen to your system. Big brother is watching you....

Barbados- Imaginative and stunning setup...

Can you tell me where you found the musicians? It's difficult to tell if they are made from a some sort of 3D cast or are they cardboard?

Regards,

Thank you. The media room is my place of refuge and where I find it easiest to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

You can find the musicians here: http://www.allthatjazz.cc/

The pictures do not do them justice whatsoever. They are absolutely stunning to behold and would fit any serious music room very well IMO.

Barbados

Thanks Barbados-

They are really beautiful to look at, and I too would have a hard time picking just a few.

Regards,

Hey, Barbados, thanks for introducing me to the "All That Jazz" series. I *JUST* got the "All Night Long" sculpture, and indeed, it is more exquisite in person than pictures convey. I only wish I could've gotten "In The Groove" or "Bourbon St. Serenade" before the series was retired. Can't afford 'em now <g>, but I'm looking forward to seeing what future designs they come out with.

Heard the Statement in Montreal hi-fi show a couple of years ago and I believe Gilbert of Blue Circle has a pair.Your's is the system I would like mine to grow up to be.Good luck getting the power amp problems sorted out. Let us know what you end up with.

Chuck Lee said:
Heard the Statement in Montreal hi-fi show a couple of years ago and I believe Gilbert of Blue Circle has a pair.Your's is the system I would like mine to grow up to be.Good luck getting the power amp problems sorted out. Let us know what you end up with.

Yes, Gilbert Y does have a pair of Statement E2's and a pair of CLS in pink trim. He was also a member of the club for quite a wile be has not been seen here in a long time. :confused:

The best ML Speaker setup on this site - bar none.

Awesome and crazy at the same time. :)

Love it.

I must admit, I come to this site and look at this system almost every single time. I'm sure it's amazing. I've never been fortunate enough to hear a pair of Statement E2's but I'm sure their nothing short of amazing.

Back