System #415 (Source, Fresco i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Night mode!!
d507f336.jpg

Love the video. Same reason why I made the panels for my floors. He recommends 2 to 2.5 feet from the wall to the panel. Mine is about 22" (at center of the panel), but I do have panels to help absorb some of these frequencies.

There's a few problem there I see from what I understand. For optimal results you should orient it 90 degrees left or right so your speakers are facing the longer way down the room. Also try to have all the speakers as close to symmetrical to the room (other than the sub). The listening area up against the wall is also considered bad. But rearranging isn't always possible.

There's a few problem there I see from what I understand. For optimal results you should orient it 90 degrees left or right so your speakers are facing the longer way down the room. Also try to have all the speakers as close to symmetrical to the room (other than the sub). The listening area up against the wall is also considered bad. But rearranging isn't always possible.

The speakers are turned in. I just did a quick paint diagram for measurements. The speakers are just shy of 2 ft, so I'll see if I can pull them out a few inches. Can go the other way around the room cause of door ways and openings. Keep in mind, I have made panels to go behind the speakers to help absorb some of the frequencies.

Mine is setup like this and more or less is what I was telling you could improve the sound. I didn't make any measurement or scale in this, just a really quick diagram but it's about as symmetrical as it'll get. I forgot to include my sub position but that changes depending on the room.

setup.jpg

If you can't move your setup to the long way you should look up if you need absorption or diffusers behind a listening position right up against a wall. I can't remember which is recommended since it didn't apply to my setup.

Last edited:

I would say shift the system to the center third of the room and try to get the sub in the center, better yet get a second sub & place symetrically, with some playing around with air space
Looks like a reinforcement on the right with more spatial reflections............:cool:

Unfortunately, I doubt I can switch the system around. I may at most be able to do is move everything to the couch side. However, that would cause more problems. I see if it's possible to go long ways, but I think a window prevents that. Everything for the most part is even.

Removing the ceiling fan maybe a issue considering I'm renting this place. My issues with bass/ low end is defiantly linked to how old this place is. Lol.

Thanks again for everyone's input. Going to check my system out when I get home tonight.

I would say shift the system to the center third of the room and try to get the sub in the center, better yet get a second sub & place symetrically, with some playing around with air space
Looks like a reinforcement on the right with more spatial reflections............:cool:

If I can't get the sub in the center behind the stand/ tv, think getting it out from inbetween the stand and speaker would be better? Like by the couch or far corner of the room?

I think the age of your apartment has little to do with the sound you are experiencing. A huge problem you are facing is the listener position against rear wall. This will cause you all sorts of problems with your front speakers, and frankly all other ones. It is the absolute worst possible listening position. Do a search on it and you will understand. No amount of excercise mat room treatments will help this situation. You need to reconfigure all your speakers on the short wall somehow. There is no way around this. If you have a window, buy a heavy shade / curtain / drape. Probably would not hurt to add a second sub to your room either. If I only had one sub, i would stick it in the front corner for maximum output, if you have 2 you can experiment a bit more.

good luck in your quest!

Well finally saved up the money to get myself an entry level amp. In the process of moving from northwest Ohio to southeast Indiana. My entire system is in a wooden crate. I will by the amp once I move into the new place. Had to get rid of the av rack, but did pick up a 42u server rack to replace.

Running a similar setup, Sources and Fresco-i. Have you had any problems with your fresco? Mine just started popping a bit? Also, how have you been cleaning the ATF? Thanks and great set up!!

Running a similar setup, Sources and Fresco-i. Have you had any problems with your fresco? Mine just started popping a bit? Also, how have you been cleaning the ATF? Thanks and great set up!!

I vacuum and blow off everything about once a month. No issues with the fresco. Want to get a electrostatic center though.

Back