System #392 (SL3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rajkumar

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Rajkumar

2. Location: (Working and living) Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City. (From India)

3. ML Model(s): SL3

4. Year Purchased: April 07, 2011

5. Mods/Changes: Spike stand & Blue LED

6. Associated Electronics:
Power Bi-amp: DENON POA8000 (Mono block),
Preamp: DENON PRA6000,
CD Player: Marantz CD7 / Esoteric Transport: P30 DAC-D30 / Meridian 207 CD Transport
Turntable: Kenwood L-07D / Luxman PD-310
Cartridge: Benz Glider / Grado Gold / DENON 103R
Speaker Cable: KC -Monocle XL / AQ CV8, Inter connect: AQ sky / Cheetah
RTR: Akai GX-747

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Incredible sound sl3 are no comparison!

Attachments

• DSC05362.jpg
    DSC05362.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC05361.jpg
    DSC05361.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC05353.jpg
    DSC05353.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC05351.jpg
    DSC05351.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 451
Nice setup, but I was wondering about the two speakers flanking the tape deck. I can't help but think about the claim made by Ivor Tiefenbrunn (Linn) that you should not have any additional speakers in the room as they can degrade the sound. For that reason Linn dealers used to advertise their single-speaker demo rooms.

Nice setup, but I was wondering about the two speakers flanking the tape deck. I can't help but think about the claim made by Ivor Tiefenbrunn (Linn) that you should not have any additional speakers in the room as they can degrade the sound. For that reason Linn dealers used to advertise their single-speaker demo rooms.

Good point but not always true, Bernard. I had my little Mark & Daniels next to some big open baffle speakers at a bake-off and they were definately complemented by them for the better. They were acting as a passive sub, I think.

Does seem to be quite a bit in that room, though.:eek: Definately an enthusiast!:cool:

They were acting as a passive sub, I think.

So, just a thought. Think of how good they may have been if you had a real sub being driven in real-time rather than several miliseconds behind the main speakers, as a result of air vibrations?

If I runs at a time four mono blocks get hot (class A), due to small room (All in one room) like warehouse I have no way! When I build my new house I will set up properly.
Note: I have some fan underneath mono blocks, also always run air condition. :eek:

Latest posts

Back