System #38 (Monolith)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gilinsky

Dave Gilinsky
Tucson, AZ

Original Monoliths

Purchased: 2004

Rotel RCC-1055 CD Changer
Threshold FET One Preamplifier
DriveRack 260 Active Crossover, Speaker Controller
Rotel RB-1080 Amplifier
(2) Threshold S/1000 Amplifiers

Thanks to Jim Power of Martin Logan for helping me get these beauties singing!

Attachments

• MartinLoganOwners (Medium).jpg
    MartinLoganOwners (Medium).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 833
Last edited by a moderator:
Magnificent setup Dave! :)

Very clean, very simple, the Monolith are perfectly matching with your house's architecture and decoration....

Just one wonder - might it not be a problem to have your speakers surrounding such an important glass surface? What was the comment of Jim power on that? It it has really been a problem, how did you address it?

Really beautiful system...

Are your walls blue, or are they between a blue and purple? They go nicely with your house, and look great. I can't imagine having a panel that big:)

Thanks, Pat!

The window between the speakers has not been a problem at all.

This room had two challanges:
1. Asymetrical ceiling height
2. A resonation chamber in the form of a basement.

I use the DriveRack 260, with its built in sound pressure level meter, to compensate for both nicely.

Dave

rynopr said:
Are your walls blue, or are they between a blue and purple? They go nicely with your house, and look great. I can't imagine having a panel that big:)
The walls are really a light blue - Behr Bayou Blue to be exact! :)

Your wife is OK with all that unused space? You're a very lucky man ;)

I never paid attention to it, but do the Monoliths use the curved panel technology? If not, how do you compare the sweet spot to other ML speakers that do have the technology?

Dave, With all that room you have, please try placing the speakers out a couple more feet out from the back wall.
Also, hang something absorbent over that glass door and see what you are missing in terms of imaging.
The Monoliths are incredibly sensitive to placement and room treatments. But then that applies to all ML's :D

BTW- nice to see another fellow Monolith owner with a Driverack.

Latest posts

Back