System #37 (Prodigy, Ascent, Theater, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris03053

Reaction score
Chris Pappas
New Hampshire

Prodigys,Ascents,Theater I, 2 Descents
Year Purchase 2003-2004

Equipment:
BK Ref 50 (pre-amp)
BK 200-7 (7ch-amp)
Krell 450Mcx Mono Blocks
Sony Mega CD 400es
Sony Mega DVD 400 SDI
Sony Mega DVD 400
Sony DVD Recorder
Sony CD Recorder
OPPO DVD 970HD (480i over HDMI)
Mitsubishi D-VCR
DishNetwork 721 & 921HD
Tivo
Samsung 15" Lcd
X-Box
2 Z-fans
Richard Gray 1200c
Richard Gray Pro400
Esoteric UX-1 (Hi-end Universal Player)
Mitsubishi WL82" HD Lcos (1080P)
Crystalio II(video processor)

All this in 2 Middle-Atlantic Racks (maybe three coming soon)

Cables/Interconnects/Powercords
Sigma Retros
Monster M1000
PS Audio Statements
I Love my MartinLogans!!
Did I say "I LOVE my MartinLogans"!!!

Attachments

• Descent 2nd plus Ascent.jpg
    Descent 2nd plus Ascent.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 4,035
  • rack& descent.jpg
    rack& descent.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3,944
  • whole system2.JPG
    whole system2.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 3,874
  • before shot.JPG
    before shot.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,853
  • chippy loves music.JPG
    chippy loves music.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 2,973
Last edited:
Thanks Munster, the Krells are for the prodigy's and i'm using the BK for the Ascent's and the Theater i

Thanks Peter, two guys show up to deliver when they saw what they were dealing with they called for back up, they needed 5 guys to bring that baby in the house.

Ah, I'll bet that you are a bachelor :). $XXXXX worth of AV equipment, sitting on a plywood box. If you get married, your wife will "fix" that (both) :D

Yes it's true. single with no "saf" (spouse approuval factor). i'll dress it up someday.

MR X said:
How did you do it :confused: The system is MAD :mad: Keep Rocking :cool:
Thank you Mr. X for nice comment. It wasn't easy. I have some new photos, i just got a Richard Gray 1200c. So i moved a few things around, in the rack system that is, and i'll post them soon. PS. say Hi to Seedracer, but i always like Mr. X he was so :cool:

Chris,

Nice system indeed! Isn't it great to buy what you want when you want to? ;)

Statman said:
Chris,

Nice system indeed! Isn't it great to buy what you want when you want to? ;)
Oh yea, you better beleive it! :D. Nice layout you have Statman. Narrow and long, just the way it should be.

Speedracer wants to take your car for a spin!!

chris03053 said:
Thank you Mr. X for nice comment. It wasn't easy. I have some new photos, i just got a Richard Gray 1200c. So i moved a few things around, in the rack system that is, and i'll post them soon. PS. say Hi to Seedracer, but i always like Mr. X he was so :cool:
The small lcd looks better up on top. Hows that UX-1, i've read some great reviews?

Your system is stellar. Bet you love those monos (I admit it, I'm hooked on the Krell fpb sound).

Regarding your plywood platform...I believe if you clad it with some 1" dark granite you could make everything tie in much better even with that huge tv there.

Barbados

MR X said:
The small lcd looks better up on top. Hows that UX-1, i've read some great reviews?
It brings sounds out i have not heard before. I was just listening to Neil Youngs Greatest Hits and the first track is just awsome! Oh man the sound, I just love those Prodigys!!

Barbados said:
Your system is stellar. Bet you love those monos (I admit it, I'm hooked on the Krell fpb sound).

Regarding your plywood platform...I believe if you clad it with some 1" dark granite you could make everything tie in much better even with that huge tv there.

Barbados
Thank you Gerren. The monos are great, I was thinking to upgrade to the 750's but i think they would have been overkill. I didn't think of granite as one of my options, i'm going to check on that. Thanks for the advice.

chris03053 said:
It brings sounds out i have not heard before. I was just listening to Neil Youngs Greatest Hits and the first track is just awsome! Oh man the sound, I just love those Prodigys!!
Chris, do you have any rear photos of the UX-1. I would like to see how you connected it, if possible. Thanks

MR X said:
Chris, do you have any rear photos of the UX-1. I would like to see how you connected it, if possible. Thanks
Here you go Mr. X. Ask and you will recieve. PS i hope you post your system.

Attachments

• ux-1.jpg
    ux-1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 774
chris03053 said:
Here you go Mr. X. Ask and you will recieve. PS i hope you post your system.
Chris, i will post pictures of my system when i get my martinlogans. Don't have them yet, still deciding which ones to get. That UX-1 is some beauty!! PS. How about a picture of that fancy car of yours :D

Latest posts

Back