System #366 (Ascent, Cinema i, Script i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97ChameleonTA

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Marty

2. Location: Valrico, FL

3. ML Model(s): Ascent, Cinema i, Script i's, Depth i

4. Year Purchased: 2010

5. Mods/Changes: None, although I had to replace the transformer, power supply and 2 caps on the crossover on the Cinema i

6. Associated Electronics:
- B&K AVR505 - A/V Receiver
- B&K Reference 2220 - 220W 2-channel Amp
- Marantz CC4003 - 5 Disc Carousel CD
- Sony PS3 Slim 120GB - BluRay/Game
- Mitsubishi WD-57731 - 57" 1080P Projection TV
- Homebuilt HTPC - i7 Processor, 1.5TB , S/PDIF to B&K, wireless KB
- Logitech Harmony One - Remote

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: I had mentioned this in my intro, but, i've been using Infinity Kappa's all around forever. I had always told the wife that i'd never replace them unless I could buy Martin Logan's. A deal came along for the set and she actually let me do it. So, know anybody in the market for some Kappa's? :D

8. An image of your system:
ascent.jpg

Latest mods:
AscentLED.jpg

AscentPanel.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it's definitely far from an ideal arrangement. The room is odd shaped to boot, kinda like a wedge. My family room would be a perfect location if it weren't for the darn fireplace...

Here is a shot of the other side of the room. You'll notice the Script i's on stands. I'm using 1/2" rubber feet to keep them elevated enough for the port to clear. I'm in the process of building some stands for them for better placement.

scripti.jpg

Welcome , looks like a nice space to hang out. I like the color of the couches very nice

Welcome Marty. Nice setup there. It's nice to have an understanding spouse, no?

and you picked a good forum... there's fun to be had here.

Cheers,

-Todd

Welcome Marty. Nice setup there. It's nice to have an understanding spouse, no?

and you picked a good forum... there's fun to be had here.

Cheers,

-Todd

Most definitely nice having a wife that understands the kid in me.

I've already found a lot of useful info on this site. I plan on being here a long time.

Hi Marty! Like your setup, it's very organized and clean. I sure do like the coach also, ours you sit in and sink like 2ft. It’s hell to get up from it. I plan on replacing it with a leather sectional soon I hope. Welcome aboard! :music:

Hi Marty! Like your setup, it's very organized and clean. I sure do like the coach also, ours you sit in and sink like 2ft. It’s hell to get up from it. I plan on replacing it with a leather sectional soon I hope. Welcome aboard! :music:

Thanks George! We replaced the old couch and love seat for that exact same reason. Pay close attention to foam density to get one that won't drop to the floor over time. 1.8 is what this set is and it's holding up quite well by comparison.

New addition on it's way!

My Christmas present is coming early!

I have a Depth i in dark cherry on order and expect it sometime this week. Out with the Yamablah and in with sonic excellence. I can't wait. :drool:

Depth i has arrived! :rocker:

Top pic has been updated to show the Yamablah has been put out to pasture.

I am truly in awe of the Depth i.... :bowdown:

Hahahah, I know the feeling. :D I hooked up a Depth i with my Vistas, now I'm running it with the Spires and it really pulls everything together.

Ray

Been a while since I posted, but figured I'd put up a few new pictures of the latest mods up top.

First is a custom RGB LED kit with an RF remote that allows me to change to just about any color I want as well as dimmable. Some may like it, some I'm sure won't, but I thought it was cool.

I also had a set of side panels made out of cherry to replace the black ones. I had the new panels made 1/2" thick instead of the 1/4" like the originals and it really makes them stand out.

Thoughts?

How about rotating your third picture through 90° clockwise.

Bernard, not sure what you mean. It looks like it's standing up straight in my browser. Are you saying you want to see a straight on shot? How's this?

AscentCherry.jpg

Last edited:
Back