System #349 (SL3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightloopy

Reaction score
1. Bijan Sorouri
2.Wilmington,DE
3. SL3
4.Purchased 1998
5. No Mods
6. Associated Electronics

Rega P25
Audio Research PH3 SE
Theta Miles CDP
Premier 16LS2
VTL MB 250
MIT Shotgun IC/speaker wires/Acoustic Zen PC
Zoethicus rack
ASC Studio Traps
Music room designed with plans from Rives Audio. Built the treatments from his plans.

7. Just replaced the panels and the magic is back!

Attachments

• IMG_4447.jpg
    IMG_4447.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 726
Welcome to the club Bijan. I have SL3's as well, and am really enjoying them, driven by tubes as well (ARC).

May we have more pictures please - close-ups of the speakers and equipment.

Looks like a well balanced system.

I'm marveling at the ceiling treatment. I'm assuming it's an attempt to make the changes in ceiling plane go away. A well seasoned room.

Sl3

Thanks Bernard and George,
I appreciate the comments. I will post better pictures. The room plans by Richard Rives initially had the speakers on the long wall and I had reservations but he said it had worked before. I tried it but it just didn't work for me. The SL3's definitely need room to breathe.
I had CAM 350's which were great but became interested in the tubes after trying out a MFA D75. Now hooked on them.

Hey Bijan,

Great looking system. Vinyl and acoustic guitar :) gotta love that! Is that a Stratocaster hanging on the wall behind the right SL3?

Welcome to the site...

Satch

That's my son's Fender Jazz Bass. I still have my Ibanez(early 70's) my Dad got me in 8th grade. Here are some more pics of the room and kit. Thanks for the welcome!

Attachments

• P3160421.jpg
    P3160421.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 668
  • P3160417.jpg
    P3160417.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 670
  • P3160424.jpg
    P3160424.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 671
Thanks Churchill,
Your room is great and clearly dedicated to the pursuit. I have considered adding a sub and it seems very popular among the members. The challenge is to get it right. Did it make a big difference?

amey01, nice room! Classe' makes really nice SS gear. I had CAM 350's and they were sweet.

Hi Bijan,

Beautiful system. You may want to check out a recent post I made in the tweaks section for the SL3.

Had them prior to the Summits.

GG

Thanks Churchill,
I have considered adding a sub and it seems very popular among the members. The challenge is to get it right. Did it make a big difference?

It's been a work in progress integrating the JL into my 2 channel system. I'm now using an electronic crossover; so I'm not running the Vista's full range, right now I'm crossing over to the sub at 70Hz. The JL is a great sub and really fills out the low end.

Back