System #329 (Odyssey, Depth)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, I just noticed that you have some components sitting on the floor, and thought I should tell you this: when I had a music room above my garage there was one occasion when I went to turn the stereo on and realized that the carpet was soaking wet, as a result of freezing/thawing cycles of the snow and ice on the roof (had a big-time leak). Fortunately I didn't have any components directly on the floor. Something to keep in mind as you are also in Ontario, and not too far from me.

Hi Bernard,

The components are on shelves that are on the carpet.My dedicated room is in the basement.It is actually the warmest room in the house due to all the roxal safe and sound insullation.It's funny, when you come out of the soundroom and go upstairs to the living room, it is quite colder even though we keep the temp at 70 in the winter.

I may be switching to different racking in the future which would get the bottom components 4 inches off the floor.I am heading in that direction.

Future plans are nos tubes from vintage tube service for the phono pre,a symposium ultra shelf for under the turntable.I still want to visit you Bernard when ever time permits.If you have any favourite classical vinyl albums, please message me with some suggestions.

Thanks, Greg

Last edited:
It's been a while and I have done a few upgrades. I just bought a pair of Summits last week with brand new panels just installed. The Summits replaced my Odyssey's.

I switched to a Simaudio W8 amp, new Simaudio 610 phono stage and a VPI Classic 4 in limited edition rose wood. I was quite surprised at the difference between the Odyssey's and Summits. Next up at some point I will be replacing my P7 pre with the 2 peice P8 pre. I will be putting in Foundation Research LC 10's with Synerhistic purple fuses to power up the Summits and one going into the W - 8 amp as well.

Currently , I have orange fuses.

Attachments

• IMG-20210920-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20210920-WA0000.jpeg
    680.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20210920-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20210920-WA0004.jpeg
    702.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200318_201110.jpg
    20200318_201110.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
System #329 ( Odyssey's , Depth i x2 )

I am trying to change the above to the Summits I just got but am having problems editing the title. What the easiest way to do it or can it not be done ?

I don't think titles can be edited once posted. If it really drives you crazy, your only option might be to C&P the text and create a new comment then delete the old one.

Ha, I just found out that a comment cannot be deleted or hidden by the poster.

Back