System #307 (Sequel II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two new additions to my family

Well I finally get it!!

I have always known that tube amps and preamps could be good but I never really spent much time around them.
Well this weekend I bit the bullet and found a small tube amp and preamp a CJ Premier 11-A power amp and a CJ Premier 17 preamp all I can say is WOW I am in love with this sound .
I guess the best compliment I can give is that it makes my old NHT -V2's somewhat listenable.
They are great HT speakers but lack a little musicality for 2 Channel but they even sound good with this combo.
I just recieved my new Sequel II panels from Melodie and the woofers are out being rebuilt so my ML's are down for a few weeks so I got the V-2's in place.
I can only imagine how these will make those new panels and woofers sing soon.

Great now that I got my beak wet I have found a whole new avenue to drive my disposable income down.
70 watts a channel wont get it soon enough and I will be in search of some 200 watt monoblocks and a better preamp:rolleyes:
I guess it never ends!

I will be the guy on the corner with a sign will work for NOS tubes :D

Attachments

• cjampandpre.jpg
    cjampandpre.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Looks really good Larry, and I bet it will sound that way when your Logans are back up and running.:music:

Glen

Thanks Glen , I am looking forward to hearing them on the Sequels soon.

I wish I would yhave done this sooner

Last edited:
for all the picture experts I took some real Hi rez pictures but they were to big to upload so I had to drop the resolution down on the camera to a size I could upload.

How do you guys post Hi Rez pictures and get around the file size , I am assuming you compess it somehow

How do you guys post Hi Rez pictures and get around the file size , I am assuming you compess it somehow

Upload the hi res pics to somewhere like Photobucket of Flickr (I use the former), then include a link to them in your post. Most photo sites will generate the required link for you; just cut 'n' paste!

Thanks so much Rich it worked , I used the photobucket it was pretty easy even for a hack like me

Attachments

• DSCF0056.jpg
    DSCF0056.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 140
thanks Jimna , going to be out your way in a few weeks visiting my Mom in Colorado Springs and my brother in Littleton.

a few updates picked up a new audio rack Sanus Synergy modular I like the flexibility it brings with the aluminum extrusion frame. also added a bit more room treatments with long heavy drapes and 2 corner bass traps and 2 wall absorbers. I think I am pretty close to a perfect balance without overdamping the room

Attachments

• IMG00271-20110214-1809.jpg
    IMG00271-20110214-1809.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF0312.jpg
    DSCF0312.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 125
Bernard you are correct!! I dont know why I typed Sanus( long day) it is a Salamander Synergy rack thanks for letting me know what I have:D

Thanks Glen, it would look a lot better with your Quatro woods in it :D

Forget the tubes, I like the pic of DJ sliding into the bag! My listening room also has some Yankees memorabilia, an autographed jersey from the 2000 WS team.

Back