System #305 (Source, Cinema, Script i, depth i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nguyend

Reaction score
Member name - Dave
Models: Dynamo, Source, Script i x2, Grotto, Cinema, Depth i
Year Purcahased: 2008-2009

M/L - Source

Current system right now is:

Receiver: Rotel RSX-1057
CD player: Sony CDP-C725
Bluray: Sony Playstation
TV: Samsung 42 Plasma
Surge: Monster HTS 3600 MKII
Speaker cables: Monster Speaker cable M Series MCX-1s, audioquest sub-x subwoofer cable
Main:Martin logan Source
Center: Martin Logan Cinema
Rear: Martin Logan Scripts i
Subwoofer: Martin logan Depth i

I don't have much of a room to work with but I have to make due until I buy another house. Everything sounds good though. Only thing I plan to upgrade will be an amp. It seems like the Source are missing some power.

My upstairs system:
Receiver: Harmon Kardon AVR 235
DVD Player: Toshiba HD-DVD
TV: Dell 42 Plasma
Main: Script i
Center: Infinity CC2
Sub: Dynamo

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice look to the room. How does the center sound? Have you tried a little tilt on the speaker? I would really recommend some tilt with some absorption behind your Cinema. The rear wave is bouncing directly off the wall and back through the panel. Check it out and welcome! There is a Rotel 1080 for sale on this site if you are looking to upgrade (I used a 1080, when I had Sources, with great results).

Very nice look to the room. How does the center sound? Have you tried a little tilt on the speaker? I would really recommend some tilt with some absorption behind your Cinema. The rear wave is bouncing directly off the wall and back through the panel. Check it out and welcome! There is a Rotel 1080 for sale on this site if you are looking to upgrade (I used a 1080, when I had Sources, with great results).

Yeah I thought about tilting it, but it didn't come with a stand so I wasn't sure how to do it, and make it look good. I have noticed that the cinema doesn't sound as good, but I thought it was lack of power. Yeah i'm waiting to sell my grotto so I can use the money to get a new amp. Thanks for the suggestions.

Yeah I thought about tilting it, but it didn't come with a stand so I wasn't sure how to do it, and make it look good.
Welcome to the club! The only option with the Cinema is to get the stand from ML for $200 + shipping. But then, please confirm with ML to see whether this stand is compatible with later models of center speaker. You did mention that you noticed the Cinema does not sound as good, so it does not make sense to lock into the Cinema if you're thinking of upgrading in the future.

Good luck
Spike

Welcome to the club! My setup is very similar to yours, i used to have Rotel RSX-1055, a great sounding receiver that upgraded into a Integra DTR 7.8 in order to take advantage of HDMI and the new audio formats. I power my Sources with a B&K reference 200.2 amp and use the Integra to power my center and Tickets. The B&K provides plenty of power and is very neutral sounding.

Back