System #281 (Vantage, Motif, Grotto i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bklynzoo

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Karl Bejasa
2. Location: Brooklyn, New York
3. ML Model(s): Vantage, Motif, Grotto i

4. Year Purchased: Spring 2008

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics: Amplifier: Krell Showcase 7 (Demo)
Preamp: Krell Showcase (Demo)
Source: Marantz DV9600 Universal Player
Surrounds: NHT 1.5, SuperOne
Speaker Cabling: Nordost Super Flatline ((fronts & center), 2Flat (2.5), Monster Cable (Super One), Monster Subwoofer Cable (Grotto i)
Interconnects: Monster Cable M1000, M800 XLRs, M1000 analog inputs, M1000 HDMI

7. First jumped into HT by purchasing Onkyo receiver and NHT 2.5m SuperOne and SubOne to add to an Apex DVD player. Then upgraded to a Denon DVD 2800MkII and Yamaha 1400 receiver. Once I hear the MLs (Aerius) years ago at an HT expo, I knew I had to have them. I finally took the plunge this past spring and have not been disappointed. Only remorse/doubt is if I should have waited to by a recievr or amp/pr-pro that handles new lossless codecs. I will probably wait until next year to buy BluRay that has internal decoding and 7.1 analog outputs, but is there a big difference in audio with my setup now than if I can get lossless audio?

8. An image of your system. (see below on how to include an image into your post

Attachments

• DSCN6188JPEG of-2.jpg
    DSCN6188JPEG of-2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 581
  • DSCN6190JPEG of.jpg
    DSCN6190JPEG of.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 582
Nice system! Congratulations! (I;d like to go to the Vantage & Grotto i eventually)

Don't worry about going to BluRay now.. the picture quality is worth it even if you can't do the hi-def audio. I just added a Sharp 46 SE and a PS3 (video via HDMI & audio via optical). I find that DTS off BluRay is simply outstanding and does surpass DVD.. go figure, its worth it.

As far as simple and inexpensive improvements..
I used to be fully connected with Monster THX 1000 series cables. Went to Signal cable and immediately saw dramatic improvements, especially with the subwoofer cable.
For speaker cable, I went to AnitiCable.. the top end smoothed out and the bottom end tightened up and that was moving from Nordost Solar Wind. (AntilCables were 1/4 the price too)

Good luck with your journey.. lots of fun!

Back