System #27 (reQuest, Cinema)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry,
.................... What should I be listenning for in order to detect phase differences between the panels & woofers?

Spike
Around the crossover frequency you should get some cancellation (reduced output) if they are out of phase.

nice system. love all those tube glowing, might even call it heart warming.

The latest upgrade is the ModWright SWL 9.0 linestage, replacing the ARC LS7. The difference is HUGE in terms of dynamic, and neutral.

Vuong

Spike, is there any way I can use my primaluna 6 mono's to power the panels on my Vista and a solid state to power my cones?

is there any way I can use my primaluna 6 mono's to power the panels on my Vista and a solid state to power my cones?
Here's a drawing of my system. You can follow the same configuration for your PrimaLuna.

Attachments

• Bi-Amp System.jpg
    Bi-Amp System.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Naim that tune!

I'm now on a quest for a high-end music server but the pickings are pretty slim until recently: ZeroOne Audio! (http://www.zerooneaudio.com) I'll probably pull the trigger and grab one toward the end of this year.

I made that statement back in 2005 and finally was able to follow through. I picked the Naim ND5 XS for its performance, reliability and ease of use (via n-Stream iPad/iPhone app).

Attachments

• Naim ND5 XS (small).jpg
    Naim ND5 XS (small).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 387
System Update

TV is now updated to Sony 65" XBR-65X950B ultra HD flat-screen.
I simplified my system by taking out the Cinema/Meridian/Primare combination. HT duty is now handled by the Yamaha YSP-3300 soundbar + subwoofer. The Logans is now a dedicated 2-channel audio only system.
I added a Synology DS415+ NAS to have my movies and music in a centralized location.
Here's my system before (top) and after the update (bottom)

Attachments

• ML Audio System.jpg
    ML Audio System.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 306
  • Audio System small.jpg
    Audio System small.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Your reQuest look great in black. Rest of the system very nice too.
Thank you!

The weakest link seems to be the source or Pioneer SACD player.
My main source is the Naim ND5-XS streamer. The Pioneer SACD player hasn't been powered on since 2013!

Spike

Venturing into vinyl

System update:
  • Technics SL-1210GR Turntable.
  • SoundSmith Aida cartridge
  • Manley Chinook phonostage

Attachments

• Aida 1.jpg
    Aida 1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Manley Chinook.jpg
    Manley Chinook.jpg