System #244 (Vista, Sequel II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwandarion

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Ola Ekern

2. Location: Hadeland, Norway

3. ML Model: Vista

4. Year Purchased: 2007

5. Associated Electronics: Plinus CD-LAD, SA100 mkIII, Quad II-Fourty, Quad QC, Velodyne DD12, Marantz SA-15 s1 & SQ sb3

6. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I purchased my first pair of vintage Martin Logan speakers back in 2005, a set of Sequel II from 1996. They served me well with my Norwegian amplifiers from Hegel (please see pictures below). When upgrading I realized that there was no turning back - I'm all for electrostatics from now on. I was so lucky as to have the chance to sell my old spakers to another enthusiast, Pixel. We know eachother quite well from a Norwegian online-community called AVforum. I promised my old beauties that I would not sell them to someone who did not audition them - along came Pixel and the speakers enchanted him as well.

Here is a picture of my first ML set up:
76fbc457ca5054da9d497d4ef8eb8428.JPG

Here is the electronics that went with my Sequel II's
36fdf5ac966c0b72436267f3dbc0f9d7.JPG

Vista replaced Sequel
5bec30ef8457e2f7e0918b59c8e6dd44.JPG

Quad replaced Hegel
9e0b021df4c75399eb852d96fd65c45e.JPG

And finally Plinius replaced Quad
30393d1204979379-gwandarions-euforikammer-movin-up-plinius.jpg

My room is to be re-decorated and the room tuning is to be fully and (almost) non visually integrated into the room.
I'll post pictures along the way if it is of interest to my fellow ML owners.

Disclaimer: Both my english and my photos are of equally poor quality - the pictures will be updated, but the language is "work in progress".

Thanks for looking.
Best regards, Ola.

Last edited:
Great looking setup - Welcome aboard!

You'll have a lot of fellow Plini-o-philes here to welcome you.

Welcome from another Vista owner! :)

Vista / Depth i / Ayre V-5xe Amp / Cary SLP-98p Preamp w/phono stage / Sheau-Analog Cello TT / Oppo DV 980 H Universal Player / Benchmark DAC usb / Slimserver Squeezebox III / ReadyNAS NV+ Data Storage / Various Audioquest cables.

Your use of the English language is better than most of the people I'll be dealing with at the various gigs I have lined up for this weekend.

Satch

Attachments

• aaaSystem2.jpg
    aaaSystem2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,299
Ola, welcome ! may I be the first "Plinny" owner to say hello ! now .....is that a turntable I see to the left of your pre-amp ??

Great looking setup - Welcome aboard!

You'll have a lot of fellow Plini-o-philes here to welcome you.

Hi, I have gathered that a part of the ML brotherhood has joined the cult of Pli - strange that yet another "enlightend" one is to surface in Norway... Ha ha.

Welcome from another Vista owner! :)
Your use of the English language is better than most of the people I'll be dealing with at the various gigs I have lined up for this weekend.

Satch

Thanks Satch! Much appreciated. What kind of gigs are we talking about?

Ola, welcome ! may I be the first "Plinny" owner to say hello ! now .....is that a turntable I see to the left of your pre-amp ??

Thank you Dave, I see that I have found people with the desire for the same sonic signature as I here - I find that very interesting. Perhaps you can offer me som hints & tips? Well it's not just a TT, but the TT for many.
It is a Linn Sondek LP12/Keel/Lingo/Ekos/Akiva, Herron VTPH-1MC set up - but it is not mine and just a distant dream for now.

Ola

Last edited:
Gw,

After playing electric bass for 30 years mostly for fun, simi-pro and some touring. I taught myself how to play acoustic upright bass and now hire myself out as a mercenary bass player. Mostly blues, starting to drift into jazz.

Satch

Gw,

After playing electric bass for 30 years mostly for fun, simi-pro and some touring. I taught myself how to play acoustic upright bass and now hire myself out as a mercenary bass player. Mostly blues, starting to drift into jazz.

Satch

Grate, You'll be glad to know that I'm a huge bass fan. The upright bass and it's like is my poison. I could forward you some Norwegian music if you would like that. I have always found music to be one of the best forms of communication, even (especially?) across borders.

Gw,

I'd be happy to do a music exchange!

Just got back from the gig and my fingers are sore, but its Spring Break in Cocoa Beach and this years crop of collage co-eds is impressive. I was standing in line at the store today behind a girl in a string bikini that was smaller than the thread I use on my Turntable. Damn near walked into a magazine rack...

Satch

Gw,

I'd be happy to do a music exchange!

Just got back from the gig and my fingers are sore, but its Spring Break in Cocoa Beach and this years crop of collage co-eds is impressive. I was standing in line at the store today behind a girl in a string bikini that was smaller than the thread I use on my Turntable. Damn near walked into a magazine rack...

Satch

Spring Break where you live. Thats got to be heaven.:D
Didn't know you were a bass player Satch. Very cool, it is my second fav instrument just behind.............you guessed it.:rocker:

TrumpetDoug - out

I have to come and listen to your new Plinius system.
I heard your Vista's on Hegel the last time, and it sounded awsome.

Cant even imagne how it sounds on Plinius. :)

Cheers mate.

Back