System #21 (Ascent i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBobGoat

Reaction score
Neil

Delaware

ML Ascent i, [Aeon (2003 purchase, 2006 Sale)]
This is only an Ascent i system now.

2006 purchase for Ascent i's

Other components:
Onkyo TXNR3007 replaced the (Onkyo TXNR801 receiver)
Panny TC-P65S1 Plasma replaced the (Sony KF60WE610 LCD TV)
Samsung BDP-1600 BluRay player replaced (Sony DVP-NS725P DVD player)
Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD replaced (Motorola HDTV/DVR receiver )
Microsoft Xbox 360
Apple TV 40GB Garbage
Harmony 880 Remote Control

General Speaker info:
ML Ascent i's L/R
Mirage FRX Center
Mirage M-390i's Surround
Bose 100's Rear Surround (Basement)
Polk Audio 505, 12 inch sub replaced (Yamaha YST-SW215 8" Sub)

Equipment no more:
Sony MDS-JE520 MiniDisc player/recorder (SOLD)
Microsoft Xbox (SOLD)
Sony MDS-JE520 MiniDisc player/recorder (SOLD)
Sony SLV-775HF VCR (Given away!)
Lutron Maestro Light Control (Left at old house)

Thanks for the site

Attachments

• ML ascent 002SMALL.JPG
    ML ascent 002SMALL.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,969
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,931
Last edited:
same system - just got a nice new couch and some remote control lights to make me lazy - also cleaned up some of the wires. would have an xbox 360 in there too, but cant find one to buy. i really do want to give microsoft my 500 dollars. im in the market for some ascent's now and then an amp to drive them.

Attachments

• DSC_0709SMALLnet.JPG
    DSC_0709SMALLnet.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,416
Nice system, Bob.

About the 360, MS says they will be sending small shipments every week up till Christmas. The next shipment is suppose to hit stores in time for this weekend, so I would start calling stores Thursday threw Saturday.

Take Care

Thanks Zip - Its part of my daily routine. I sit around until 10 am and then call 10 best buys and comp usa's. I should add walmart to that list I guess.

Beautiful Aeon system...

Bob,

Great looking ML Aeon system. What kind of 'wood trim' do you have on your Aeon's? It looks like light oak? The Sony 60" LCD TV looks very sharp too.
My son has ordered the XBox 360 system, from 'Babbages' he loves to play XBox too... :D

Excellent system! :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin, They are the light oak trim. The TV has been pretty good over the last just about two years now. I had the bulb problem earlier on, but Sony hooked me up and fixed it for free. I think it might be front projection for me next though just to clean the room up a little although I have already stolen this room from the wife.
It has been tough getting that Xbox - hope your son enjoys it. I just played Call of Duty 2 for 2 hrs at Best Buy on monday. Definately a fun game. The Xbox will do well as a media center too.

Neil

XBox360...

Bob,

Do you play Haylo 2, on-line? My son plays Haylo 2, with his current XBox, on-line... He plays in 'Clans', with his friends and cousins. He talks with them in between battles. My son seems to have alot of fun with XBox on-line... :D
I'm probably, going to purchase some assessories for the XBox 360, he has on order, as part of his Christmas presents this year... :D Their are a lot of assessories currently available for XBox 360...

Enjoy

Cheers

-Robin

Last edited:
Robin,

I play on XBL too - Halo 2 is pretty much the only game I play too - My gamertag is the same as my name on here. I am constantly deployed, but when I am home, I sometimes play 4 or 5 hrs in a single day. Hey, its in 5.1 surround and 720p so why not!? We are going to be deployed coming up here for 120 straight so I definately need to get a hold of the 360 before I go on that. They dont stock it in the desert right now.

XBox gaming...

TheBobGoat said:
Robin,

I play on XBL too - Halo 2 is pretty much the only game I play too - My gamertag is the same as my name on here. I am constantly deployed, but when I am home, I sometimes play 4 or 5 hrs in a single day. Hey, its in 5.1 surround and 720p so why not!? We are going to be deployed coming up here for 120 straight so I definately need to get a hold of the 360 before I go on that. They dont stock it in the desert right now.
Bob,

Sadly, I do not play XBox, as I am terrible at it, I get killed or die way too easily... :rolleyes: I watch my son play sometimes. He really enjoys it. Joe (aka - Zip3kx07) plays XBox, as you know... ;) Well, I hope you have good luck ordering the new XBox 360 someday soon... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Just added in a pair of Ascent i's with Dark Cherry and Piano black exterior.
Here is a photo from the store. I should have some time to photo them at home tomorrow -- just hooked them up and listening takes priority

ML%20ascent%20002SMALL.jpg

The one and only Piano Black that I've seen.... cooool! I've heard they existed but I thought that was merely legend or myth. Cool catch Bob!

Say, did you listen to the Summits in the background? ;)

TheBobGoat said:
Ascent i's with Dark Cherry and Piano black exterior.

Sexy, Sexy, They do look good. :eek:

I love that Piano black finish, It should have been a standard finish on all logans.

Zip3kx07 said:
Sexy, Sexy, They do look good. :eek:

I love that Piano black finish, It should have been a standard finish on all logans.

Along with the standard $1000 upcharge.. yikes.

TheBobGoat said:
Just added in a pair of Ascent i's with Dark Cherry and Piano black exterior.
Here is a photo from the store. I should have some time to photo them at home tomorrow -- just hooked them up and listening takes priority

ML%20ascent%20002SMALL.jpg

Do you think you can get that finish put on after the fact? It looks fantastic! I wouldn't mind having mine done if ML could do it!

I called ML regarding doing a piano finish on my Vantage - their response was that they dont do piano blacks anymore since it is too labor intensive and things can go wrong in the process that it isnt even to the point where they break even profit-wise. The piano black upgrades were very very expensive. I dont remember if he said 1K or 3K... one of those two numbers.

Joey_V said:
I called ML regarding doing a piano finish on my Vantage - their response was that they dont do piano blacks anymore since it is too labor intensive and things can go wrong in the process that it isnt even to the point where they break even profit-wise. The piano black upgrades were very very expensive. I dont remember if he said 1K or 3K... one of those two numbers.

There was a set of odysseys on Audiogon in piano black and I believe the person said it was a $3000.00 option.

For the Ascent i's it was a 1500 dollar option. They are striking compared to my Aeon's. I love the way they look up here, I have been writing papers and wasting away my life on the internet --so no photo yet. But it is on the way. I dont know how many of these speakers they made in the Piano black because my serial numbers are basically #2 and #3

Latest posts

Back