System #21.1 (Aeon)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBobGoat

Reaction score
So, my first system (number 21 actually Ascent i's)

is up there, but I didnt like the Aeon's just being surround speakers, so I had my dad mail me out an old Yamaha Receiver and I threw these things upstairs with my 10 yr old Magnetbox CD changer for some two channel listening.

System:
ML Aeon's
Yamaha CR-2020 vintage receiver
Magnavox CDC 796 5-Disc Changer (first one I bought)

I like having them detached from the TV and they match the upstairs nicely now that the Piano black Ascent's have taken over the downstairs. Oh, the wood cracked on the Yamaha in shipping, but I will get that glued up right soon. And I just got back from 5 months overseas, so I after the first two pics, I put some 'other' pics up

Enjoy!
Neil

Attachments

• DSC_1176SMALLnet.JPG
    DSC_1176SMALLnet.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC_1179SMALLnet.JPG
    DSC_1179SMALLnet.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 474
  • DSC07145SMALLnet.JPG
    DSC07145SMALLnet.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 471
  • DSC_1123SMALLnet.JPG
    DSC_1123SMALLnet.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCF0291SMALLnet.JPG
    DSCF0291SMALLnet.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 446
Neil, Looks good, a classic old Yamm'ie receiver I presume. BTW if you can get your speakers away from being so "tucked" in the corners, guarnteed you'll notice an improvement.

Also , I like your taste in Gin.....Bombay Saphire....ahhhhhhhhhh...make mine extra dry with a twist !!!

Happy listening !!

ascents

glad to see you are back safe and sound from over seas, where were you stationed. enjoy your Ascents and the web site. nice to have you aboard.

Aeon's In Full Opperation...

Neil,

I love how you put your Aeon's to better use. :D Your living / listening space look very inviting. The photo's of your day job - looks very very scary to me. We all owe you a huge - Thank you - for all you do keeping us safe 24/7. ;)

Wonderful Aeon system!

Be careful up there.... :)

lex - been to about 4-5 countries in Europe, hit up Turkey, Iraq, Kuwait as well as a few of their neighbors down there, Afghanistan, Kyrgystan, even Iceland just for 2 hrs though.

twitch, the good stuff is right next to the bombay - had my first mixed drink in a few months last night - cuban rum and coke.

robin - thanks, im just glad the wife let me put them up there - we try to keep the TV out of that space, but I think music is acceptable. they are replacing a sony boombox
the more dangerous part of the job comes from us flying ourselves into the ground rather than the enemy shooting us down. we keep it as safe as possible though

listening to the bruce springsteen DVD from devils and dust now in 5.1 not bad.

Thanks for the recommendation...

TheBobGoat said:
robin - thanks, im just glad the wife let me put them up there - we try to keep the TV out of that space, but I think music is acceptable. they are replacing a sony boombox
the more dangerous part of the job comes from us flying ourselves into the ground rather than the enemy shooting us down. we keep it as safe as possible though

listening to the bruce springsteen DVD from devils and dust now in 5.1 not bad.
Neil,

I'll check out this DVD on my 7.1 system.

Back