System #20 (CLSiiZ, Sequel II and Depth)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Zaret said:
Ok I am stupid
I think it will work this time

What is with dogs and CLS's? With there grear hearing, they must really love the sound.

Wonderful photo's....

Jeff,

Thank you, for posting these current photo's of your system. I really appricate seeing you set-up. It is totally great!!! :D :D :D
I really like the plate on the Depth, that's a nice touch, because it graphically illustrates, how little the cabinets of the ML subwoofers move.

Did you get a new dog?

Thanks again, Jeff

-Robin

Robin,
Thanks
The plate was a gift from my son a few years ago and it doesn't move.
It is the same dog. Not bad for 11 years old. SHe was just enjoying the nice summer evening and music from the CLS's. :D

I hope my explanations were not too lenghty.:rolleyes:

Jeff :cool:

It's a beautiful system....

Jeff,

Your welcome :)

You have a really great looking set-up... The important thing is that it is versital and sounds good to your ears. :D

Your dog will, 'live long and prosper', because she listens to CLSiiz's often... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Well I was a bad boy this weekend and bought something else. I should post a new pic soon. I replaced my conrad johnson preamp with a better one. Now I must stop and not spend any more money for awhile. :(

I also noticed that the pictures on my posts are of family members and not me. :eek: I hope that does not bother anyone. The avatar pic is of me and it is about 3 or 4 years old.

Jeff Zaret said:
Well I was a bad boy this weekend and bought something else. I should post a new pic soon. I replaced my conrad johnson preamp with a better one. Now I must stop and not spend any more money for awhile. :(

Quick...somebody write this down for proof he said it!!! Now Jeff, who are you kidding :D

I also noticed that the pictures on my posts are of family members and not me. :eek: I hope that does not bother anyone. The avatar pic is of me and it is about 3 or 4 years old.

Gosh, you look much older than 3 or 4 ;)

Dan

29 again...

Jeff Zaret said:

Jeff,

So, don't keep us on tender-hooks...., What up graded model, CJ pre amp. did you aquire?

And, you were only, 26 or 27, when your avatar photo was taken? Making you currently the tender age of, 28 or 29 years old, correct?

CJ pre amp. man..., 'Bad to the Bone'. :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin,
Good guess as far at the age but no even close but if you double it you are close. :eek:
The preamp is the CJ Premier 17LS. I thought my other CJ preamp was great when I changed from SS to tubes but this is another giant leap. I can not believe the depth and clarity of the sound field it is a true 3D soundscape. The overall clarity of the entire frequency range is truly amazing. I am hearing more "stuff" than before. I have to turn down the Depth because the bass was "too" much. :confused:
Everything is now fantastic and I have to listen to my entire music collection all over again. :D

As soon as I can get my daugther to bring her camera over I will take a new picture. Also, I had to do some rearranging since this is a bigger preamp than the last CJ.

No wonder Jeff hasn't been around much lately....too busy giving his ears a workout. Pictures Jeff, pictures.......

Kruppy and everyone one else who is curious,
Here is the picture from the CJ website. My daughter said she would bring by the camera tomorrow so if I am lucky I will be able to post one soon. :)

Last edited:
Your new CJ Premier 17LS looks so cool...

Jeff,

I'm soooo envious, but very happy for you too... It's exciting to know that the new CJ has vestly improved the dept and quality of your sound. "A true 3D soundscape", sounds like what, Mark would say, "Sonic Nirvana".
The photo looks good too. Can't wait to see it in your set-up though... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin,
Thanks and it is still amazing me. The next thing I will do is probably buy new tubes for it since I do not know the exact age of the unit or the tubes.

I re-did my setup a bit today to make it look cleaner and if my daughter brings her camera over tomorrow I will take a picture and post it.

I was able to get my daughter to bring her camera over so I could take a few pics. I will post two here. One is a picture of the CJ 1117LS which is of interest to some and the other is of my redesigned cabinet. It is now a bit neater and less clutter.

Last edited:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the CJ's photo. It looks so cool and I am sure that it sounds very cool too. You and I have one thing in common (beside the ML speakers of course), it is the Rotel CD player, I had listened to many more expensive CD players (double its price) and none of them had impressed me over the Rotels. You have to spend 3 times the price of the Rotel CD player in order to hear the difference. My own opinion anyway.

/Transpa.

Transpa,
I agree with you on the Rotel. Maybe it is a good thing most people do not know how good it really is or it would be really expensive. I know I would have to spend at least 2k or more to be able to hear the difference.

Thanks for the compliment about the CJ. It is truly amazing. I am looking in to purchasing new tubes for it but I may use what CJ recommends which I think are the Sovetk tubes. I believe they built the machine arounds those tubes.

Roberto am I correct???

Jeff Zaret said:
I was able to get my daughter to bring her camera over so I could take a few pics. I will post two here. One is a picture of the CJ 1117LS which is of interest to some and the other is of my redesigned cabinet. It is now a bit neater and less clutter.

Jeff,
Nice CJ. Sorry to ask, what are those 2 #'s? Or do i just have a dirty mind. :D

Last edited:
chris03053,
First of all I did "fat finger" the model, it is a CJ 17LS. Yes it was the volume setting and it was unintentional but really nice anyway. You can control the volume of each channel separately so yes 2 may be better than one. LOL :D

I noticed it after I took the picture. :)

Having a dirty mind is ok but it is getting crowded here in the gutter. :eek:

Back