System #179 (Summit, Theater, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VERY Nice System and HT!

Very cool, Ken! Clean, clean, clean design. And you have some SERIOUS data storage there....I think you must have set a record!

And the big dog 'da boot- G90! I didn't notice if you said how big your screen was? The StudioTek 130 is definitely the most image perfect screen you can get! How does 1080p look??....I bet it's awesome. The Lumagen is a sweet unit as well.

That is an interesting combination with the Definitives on the sides and rears, as well as a rear sub. Have you been pleased with the way the blend with the ML's? I bet you get some serious basement sounds in the HT too.

Mark S.

Last edited:
Very cool, Ken! Clean, clean, clean design. And you have some SERIOUS data storage there....I think you must have set a record!
Thanks for the compliment! As for the data storage, its kind of surprising to me, too. When I originally got the Sony 777's I only needed two but got three in a general 'overkill' mode. I naively thought we'd never run out of space, but here it is three years later and I'm trying to figure out how to save some space because I've almost filled up all three! (For crying out loud, that's almost 1200 DVD/CD slots I've used. Sheese.)
And the big dog 'da boot- G90! I didn't notice if you said how big your screen was? The StudioTek 130 is definitely the most image perfect screen you can get! How does 1080p look??....I bet it's awesome. The Lumagen is a sweet unit as well.
The screen is 96 x 54 inches, and the picture generated by the VisionPro HDP and displayed by the G90 is definitely phenomenal. I haven't gotten around to dialing in 1080p yet, but I plan on having Craig Rounds in to do a calibration and I'll have it done then. (The original was done 4 years ago by the inimitable William Phelps, and I haven't needed to recalibrate until now.)
That is an interesting combination with the Definitives on the sides and rears, as well as a rear sub. Have you been pleased with the way the blend with the ML's? I bet you get some serious basement sounds in the HT too.
Yes I'm very comfortable with the sound from the rears, surrounds, and supplemental sub. I originally got the Definitives because they were a good match between quality and in-ceiling usage. I got the rear sub because the back of the family room is so open and I wanted some low-end support on that end.

As for the basement sounds, this is California man! Basements? We don't do no basements! :D

Last edited:
(The original was done 4 years ago by the inimitable William Phelps, and I haven't needed to recalibrate until now.)
Yes, he definitely is a legend in the CRT business! I can only imagine the picture you have been enjoying.

As for the basement sounds, this is California man! Basements? We don't do no basements! :D

OK-- I guess you'll just have to settle with shaking the slab to the anchor bolts (and your dental fillings)!

?

Love looking at your system page.:bowdown:
As a result of reading a old post of yours on my system page thread I thought I would ask a question. You had Ascents at one time and moved on to the Summits. What would you say are the differences in these speakers? I know the Summits are about twice the scratch,:eek: are they worth that?

Thanks,
Doug - out

... you had Ascents at one time and moved on to the Summits. What would you say are the differences in these speakers?
I think they are, but you have to remember I also very significantly upgraded my amp to a Sunfire with 400wpc. If you love listening to music, I'd say it takes you to that 'next level' everybody likes to talk about. ;)

Back