System #172 (Ascent i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, ahhh...that was my next question. It's just amazing what bi-wires do. I believe I lost all my clips. They are somewhere around the house. I also have back up speakers: NHT VT-2 that are in the garage that I am trying to sell, but it has no clips because I was bi-wiring it, and everyone I know runs standard speaker wires

I moved and this is my new set up!

So we moved to a new house last year, and I've fignally been able to complete (for the time being) my new HT! I've gotta say I love the way the Ascent i's look in there. :D

The room is 13'-10" wide. The back wall (not shown) opens to a hallway and is uneven, so the right wall is 23'-8" deep and the left wall is 21'-0" deep. There is an HVAC chase in the upper right. The height to that chase is 7'-9" and the height to the rest of the ceiling is 8'-7".

I put in new hardwood baseboard and built in an equipment rack.

Of course my wife wants to know why "those boxes" need to sit out on the floor when I went to so much trouble building the cabinet. I blame it on the cables and tell her I think it looks cool I did however build a couple of simple amp stands to get the amps off the carpet. FWIW, I noticed no sonic differences.

Any comments or suggestions? Perhaps some accoustic treatments in the future?

Bob

Last edited:
Any comments or suggestions?

My comment and/or suggestion would be for you to please not turn our forum into an advertisement for audio circle. While I do enjoy the audio circle forum, I don't find your using a post here as a blatant advertisement for it either enjoyable or acceptable. If you wanted to post a link to it with a comment, that is one thing. But interspersing banners throughout your text is just annoying.

Huh? :confused: Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't understand what you're talking about. I'm afraid I don't see the banners you are refering to. I did cut and paste some text and pic from another one of my threads from AC, but thought I cleaned it up....ie no mention of AC. Certainly no advertisements. Just wanting to show my new ML theater.

If there is some kind of technical glich that I can't see, perhaps someone would be kind enough to politely inform me of it and I'll do my best to correct.

Last edited:
Now this IS strange. My pictures were up, now they're gone and I DO see the banners. Sorry about that...I'm not sure why that's happening. Let me see if I can correct. Simple fix: delete, delete and delete.

Last edited:
OK, so lets try this again. Here are the pictures....this is standing at the entrance hall to the room. Screen is my same old DIY which still looks great. Also shown is the built in holding the equipment.

Attachments

• DSC02858.JPG
    DSC02858.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC02859.JPG
    DSC02859.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Here's one on my Mono Extreme SE's on my DIY stand next to my right Ascent i.

newreply.php

Attachments

• DSC02844.JPG
    DSC02844.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 98
Thanks for fixing it, Crawdaddy. I apologize for my tone -- I thought the banners were intentional. I like the pictures. Nice setup. I agree with you that acoustic treatments should be in your future. You will be amazed at the difference they will make in your sound.

Very nice arrangement. Like Rich said, acoustic treatments would help out alot. That room shows a lot of promise. :rocker:

Back