System #171 (Odyssey)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had another meeting of what was the Martin Logan Fan Club of the Los Angeles basin area becoming more of an Audio Club on Sunday April 22. Two members could not make it but two old members and Bruce a gentleman from the area that is in this web site came with his DAC system. The system included a hard drive computer with DVD format information going through 2 transformers into a DAC which was hooked up to my pre-amp and we compared the music with direct CD's with near field and far field listening. Also listen to a few LP's and explored ways of isolating the record player. Shared real root beer :food12: , no artifical stuff with pizza. Open a bottle of Ausie "Penfold" wine for one member and we all had a great time. Anyone else intersted in an Audio club in the Los Angeles basin area can e-mail me. Thanks

Last edited:
Jeff, sorry no pics but we are planning to go to Bruce's house in the near future. Maybe I could then put up an e-mail pic in here. Let us know if your life slows down to come through the wind tunnel (15 freeway pass) :rolleyes: to the Whitter, Glendora, or Ontario area.

Last edited:
There is something coming up but it maybe too fast to get a large group. If this works out or not I will let you know by e-mail.

Just added a Monster Cable AVS 2400 Automatic Voltage Stabilizer because the electricity around this area is so poor. Specially on my HT system; when a neighbor turns on his air conditioner, the HT system blinks. No problems with the Stereo system, must be on a different curcuit, therefore the Monster Cable just adds more bass power.

Attachments

• DSC00732.JPG
    DSC00732.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
equip/stand

can you please tell me where you bought your equipment stand and if you want how much it cost. thanks

khenegar, which stand? The main 4 deck silver/black one with the amps and pre-amps or the smaller black one with the Monster Cable Stabilizer?

The main 4 deck is from Studio Tech which can be built with as many levels you want. The smaller black one is from Lovan. As for the cost, I normally trade items with an audio club or buy open box last model items, therefore the common retail price I don't know.

Last edited:
Back