System #169 (Statement e2, Aerius)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank K.

Reaction score
1. Name : Frank K.
2. Location : Berlin, Germany
3. Speakers : Statement e2, Aerius
4. Year Purchased : 2003 / 1997
5. Mods/Changes : none
6. Electronics : - KRELL FPB 400cx 2x for Statements
- Luxman MU-80 for Aerius RL and RR
- Luxman CU-80 Preamp (Multi-Channel)
- Luxman DU-80 Universal Player (CD, SACD, DVD, DVD-A)
- AVID Volvere II Turntable with SME-V 4 arm and Benz Ace
- Audio Analogue ARIA Phono-Preamp for MM/MC
- Sony ST-D777ES FM/DAB Tuner
- Sony TC-KA6ES Cassette Deck
- TEAC X-2000 R reel-to-reel deck

- Vintage : AKAI GX-747, AKAI GX-77, AKAI DT-200 Timer
AKAI DS-5 Tape Selector

Cable : Speaker : KIMBER BIFOCAL XL (Statement)
Kimber 12 VS (Rear Speakers - Aerius)
Interconnects : Kimber Select XLR, Kimber Hero,
Discovery/Clearaudio "Trident"
Power : JPSLabs Aluminata, Audio Agile, Audio Replas
Filter : AUDIO REPLAS TRIANGLE POWER 6 (passive)

AC Power : 230 V/50 Hz , 120 V/60 Hz (USA-Standard)
100 V/50 Hz (Japan) all comming on separate lines from the basement to the floor-outlets in the listening room

7. Comments : What can I say ? The Statements simply reproduces music like music really sounds. My system is a 4.0 system with
Center and Woofer in Downmix mode at the CU-80. I will post a review later.

Attachments

• IMG_2526.JPG
    IMG_2526.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 7,126
  • IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 5,260
  • IMG_2527.JPG
    IMG_2527.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 5,637
Last edited:
Frank... WHAT a set up!!! top shelf!!! you have achieve sonic nirvana:meditate:

I agree w/ Tom.... :drool:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!

FInally, after all our email conversations... you have posted your system, Frank!

Now, we want a review!!!! :cheers: :eek:

Joey

Last edited:
Ditto everyone else's comments! That is just and AMAZINGLY clean system! BIG WOW!!! Bet it sounds AWESOME!

Welcome to the group!

Frank, so good to finally see your simply AWESOME setup in the members systems section.

STUNNING:eek:

Frank..., Frank..., Oh My God...

Frank,

OMG!!!!!

I am very glad you posted your amazing Statement e2 System here at the greatest ML site on the Internet, "The ML Club"...:cheers:

OK ~ Maybe our first "International Get-together", I motion we do it at Frank's house... If it's OK with you that is Frank... :drool:
Even though - I've never been to Europe.
Even though - I would probably be strip searched several times, just for fun, just getting to Berlin Germany.
Even though - I hate flying in a plane... I do think we should all be responsible for bringing our own individual 'Drool Buckets' with us, for good manners, as a courtesy... :drool:

But seriously, Your dream system is simply inspiring. We are all honored to have your system here among us... :cheers:

Yawn

Just kidding, I'm reacting to the oversized fonts from others ;)

Very nice setup, love the modern decor and the nice set of gear.

What a system!!!

I would like to say that in addtion to the beautiful equipment I really like the room archicture and your view.

Frank,

Wow, I'd have to say that you have a music lovers dream come true system. I've seen the Statement E2's in various wood trims, but with the styling of your room the black trim compliments it perfectly :) I also really like the whole presentation of your setup. Sweet!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful system with us :)

Seth

Hi,
first - thank you for the positive feetback. To give you an idea how my listening room looks here are some additional pictures. The racks and amp-stands are from COPULARE Germany.

Attachments

• IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 4,810
  • IMG_3140.JPG
    IMG_3140.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 4,817
  • IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 4,829
  • IMG_3146.JPG
    IMG_3146.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 5,408
Frank, that is one of the nicest looking spaces I've seen in a while. Great décor.

And of course, those e2's look great in there.

Frank, that is one of the nicest looking spaces I've seen in a while. Great décor.

And of course, those e2's look great in there.

It is a VERY impressive room... of course IMHO, e2's look good just about anywhere... in fact... Casa de Garvey in Austin comes to mind :haha1:

It is a VERY impressive room... of course IMHO, e2's look good just about anywhere... in fact... Casa de Garvey in Austin comes to mind :haha1:

Or La Casita Blanca here in Cedar Park would work too! :D

Frank,

Please stop posting pictures of your system. Every time I see them I soil myself. I am at work and it is embarrassing.

:eek:

Very nice system, got to agree with the rest folks those E2 are the top the heap. Someday I'll have a pair if it kills me.

Luke

Back