System #149 (Summit, Stage, Script i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
benleeys said:
I may be wrong, but it looks like a hard sounding room. Do you have resonance problems?
Ben

The room is very hard so I have had to purchase equipment that works better in the room because room treatments are a no go in my house.

Zip3kx07 said:
Well it sounds like you have done your homework on the XA160’s so I wish you the best of luck with them. Wish I could be there when you swap out the X250.5 for the XA160 so could here the difference. I would be interested in hearing if there is any compression or roll off on the top end. I have been looking at the PassLabs X5 and X150.5, and would love to hear your thoughts of the X series versus the XA when you get the swap done.

I will give you my feedback on the new amps as soon as I get them installed and start to listen to them. I owned the x150 and it was a good amp but I think the x250 is a huge step up.

After much deliberation and research I think I am going to go with the X600.5s. The reason for the change is the power that the 600.5 yield. I think they will better compliment my room and also allow for me to change speakers if I ever get the itch. What do you guys think?

So it is final. I have bought the Pass Labs X600.5 amplifiers. I will give feedback on them soon. I will also post some new pics as well.

Hey Diamonds,

How about an in-depth review of the X600.5s and how they compare to the X250.5s? Any regrets for not going with the XA160? Also, how does the X600.5 mate with the X3 for multichannel duty? Enquiring minds want to know. :D

By the way, your system looks awesome. Very Clean.

Hey Diamonds,

How about an in-depth review of the X600.5s and how they compare to the X250.5s? Any regrets for not going with the XA160? Also, how does the X600.5 mate with the X3 for multichannel duty? Enquiring minds want to know. :D

By the way, your system looks awesome. Very Clean.

Well I am certainly not a professional reviewer and don't know all the terms but I will do my best.

The x600.5s are the best amps I have ever owned. To my ears they are far better that my x250. What do I mean by better?

There is more space in the music. My speakers literally disappear in the room. The music seems taller but not to tall, the instruments are exactly were they are supposed to be. They allow to my speakers to image better. They have limitless power but don't sound like any effort is being given. They are not bright or harsh but also not overly warm. They are the closest to live music that I have owned.

Because I have not owned anything better I don't have any complaints. They are amazing!!!

I am actually glad I went with the x600.5 because they can drive any speaker I may drive in the future. Also, I never see my x600.5s leave class A.

I don't notice any problems with the x600.5s meshing with the x3. I am not really a video guy though. I will say my video sounds better with the x600.5s rather than x250.

I hope this review does its job. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upgrades...

I just changed out McIntosh MX134 Pre/Pro for a Cary Cinema 11. I think the Cary is a better piece of equipment. It has better sound all around. I also changed out my Cary DVD6 for a Cary DVD8. The only reason I did this is for the HDMI that is in the 8 but not in the 6.

Back