System #146 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Axel

2. Location: Israel

3. ML Model(s): Vantage

4. Year Purchased: 2006

5. Associated Electronics:

Digital Source: Meridian 588
Analog Source: VPI Scout w/JMW9 fitted with AT-OC9ML/II cartridge

Phono Preamp: EAR 834P Signature
Preamp: Rogue 99
Power: Rogue Stereo 90

20061118_14472329114_IMG_0073_s.jpg

2006102_15183517436_IMG_0056_s.jpg

20061118_1448513345_IMG_0071_s.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard!

Nice clean system you got Axel. Please edit your post and tell us your location. Thanks and welcome to the site.

Tom.

:)

Ooooh.... very clean and very svelte! Reminds me of my previous Vantages.

Are those in maple or natural cherry? By the looks of it, it looks to be more maple. Is it birds eye?

You should post pics of the cabinet up close... looks seksay! ;)

Joey_V said:
Ooooh.... very clean and very svelte! Reminds me of my previous Vantages.
Hi Joey,

Joey_V said:
Are those in maple or natural cherry? By the looks of it, it looks to be more maple. Is it birds eye?
Those are maple, standard, not birds eye.

Birds eye or not, those look very nice especially coupled with that nice flooring you have going there!

More pics of the Vantages closeup please! Wanna see the veneer on that cabinet. ;)

Cool Vantage System...

Axel,

:D Welcome to the ML Club!
Wow! your Vantages look way cool... :D They even match you wonderful hardwood flooring. :) Your system presents very well. Do you have a equally wonderful record collection as well? If so, may I inquire as to what kind of music you prefer to listen to the most? I am curious if you have given any thought to possible listening room treatments?

Fantastic Vantage system Axel... :D

I'm so glad, now I have a new place to visit when I'm in Isreal. It'll bring me a little bit of home while on vacation.

Robin said:
Wow! your Vantages look way cool... :D They even match you wonderful hardwood flooring. :) Your system presents very well. Do you have a equally wonderful record collection as well? If so, may I inquire as to what kind of music you prefer to listen to the most? I am curious if you have given any thought to possible listening room treatments?
Fantastic Vantage system Axel... :D
Hi Robin !
Thanks ! you made me blush ;) ...
I listen to mostly classical music (my favorite instrument is the piano - so I have a large collection of classical piano recordings), I also listen to some jazz and classic rock.
Regarding room treatments, well, I'm currently very happy with the way my system sounds - so I see no need for treatments, at least in the near future...

Thanks again !
Axel.

Matten Logan said:
I'm so glad, now I have a new place to visit when I'm in Isreal. It'll bring me a little bit of home while on vacation.
You're more than welcome to come and visit when you're on vacation :) .

Last edited:
What a clean modern looking system. Well done.

Axel, Welcome, as the others have said .....nice and clean !! I trust you are more than happy with your VPI table ?? !! I'm glad to see analog is alive and well amongst alot of the new members !!!

twich54 said:
I'm glad to see analog is alive and well amongst alot of the new members !!!
I've just rediscovered my vinyl collection, I find myself flipping side after side and listening non-stop...
You should try it ;) .

Axel said:
I've just rediscovered my vinyl collection, I find myself flipping side after side and listening non-stop...
You should try it ;) .

I think he has Axel... Dave has...

He's pretty much our resident TT-diplomat! :D

Joey,
There are a few of us who enjoy vinyl. You better be careful or you will get bit by that bug. :eek: I am sure there are tons of great used blues and jazz albums in Chi Town.
:D:D

Jeff :cool:

Jeff Zaret said:
Joey,
I am sure there are tons of great used blues and jazz albums in Chi Town.

Jeff, You are oh so correct, during my lunch with Tim (MITT) last week in Denver we both agreed on the fun of finding hidden treasures in used record shops. I recently came across a 40 year old record, Gershwin - Rhapsod in Blue, performed by Oscar Levant on piano along with Eugene Ormandy and the Phila Orchestra. Cost one dollar, it cleaned up and sounds great !!

I just picked up a Charlie Parker greatest hits album. It is a 2 disc set for I think $5.99. It is recording from the late 40's and early 50's with some guy on trumpet named Miles Davis. :D

I think we may have to start a mini thread on vinyl and how to clean them. :D

Jeff :cool:

twich54 said:
Jeff Zaret said:
Joey,
I am sure there are tons of great used blues and jazz albums in Chi Town.

Jeff, You are oh so correct, during my lunch with Tim (MITT) last week in Denver we both agreed on the fun of finding hidden treasures in used record shops. I recently came across a 40 year old record, Gershwin - Rhapsod in Blue, performed by Oscar Levant on piano along with Eugene Ormandy and the Phila Orchestra. Cost one dollar, it cleaned up and sounds great !!
Have it also. I believe it's mono. Sound is fair, but a historic document it is!

Vinyl rules!

I just noticed... your Vantage panels are still so clean. Not sure if it's the camera and the flash settings, but man... I wish my Summits were still that clean. I noticed that after a while, black bars appear across the panel with intermittent clear bars between the dark ones.

Do you clean your panels regularly?

Joey

Joey_V said:
I just noticed... your Vantage panels are still so clean. Not sure if it's the camera and the flash settings, but man... I wish my Summits were still that clean. I noticed that after a while, black bars appear across the panel with intermittent clear bars between the dark ones.

Do you clean your panels regularly?

Joey
They're pretty much brand new, I've vacuumed them once after taking them out of their original packages.
Could you send an image of this phenomenon ?

Thanks,
Axel.

Latest posts

Back