System #146 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Axel said:
They're pretty much brand new, I've vacuumed them once after taking them out of their original packages.
Could you send an image of this phenomenon ?

Thanks,
Axel.
DSC00669.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

vs

2006102_15183517436_IMG_0056_s.jpg

Notice the alternating dark/clear lines on the panels? It may just be me but I think as the panel grows older, dirt accumulates - hence the dark parts.

Maybe I should vacuum...

Last edited:
Joey_V said:
Notice the alternating dark/clear lines on the panels? It may just be me but I think as the panel grows older, dirt accumulates - hence the dark parts.

Maybe I should vacuum...
If you'll take a closer look you'll see that I have the same phenomenon on my vantages. Because your pictures were not taken at daylight, your so called "lines" seem darker.

Don't worry, be happy ;) !
If they sound good (aaahemm, I meant AMAZING) then, IMHO, you shouldn't touch them.

I just noticed... your Vantage panels are still so clean. Not sure if it's the camera and the flash settings, but man... I wish my Summits were still that clean. I noticed that after a while, black bars appear across the panel with intermittent clear bars between the dark ones.
That appearance you described is normal with any newer generation ML ESL. take a look at the photos. The brighter the background the more prominent the effect. Your panels are fine and haven't changed a bit. You just didn't notice it before.

By the way, my wife says to water the plant!

Back