System #144 (Sequel II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beat_Dominator

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Evan

2. Location: Phoenix, Arizona

3. ML Model: Sequel II

4. Year Purchased: 2006

5. Mods/Changes: Built my own jumpers using some spare Monster Cable speaker wire and Bananna plugs.

6. Associated Electronics:

a) Forte Model 6A amplifier.
b) Marantz SA 14 SACD player. (Arcam Alpha 8se Cd player)*
c) Forte F-50 D/A converter.
d) Classe CP 47.5 preamp. (Parasound Halo P3 preamp)*
e) Marantz TT4000 turntable.
f) NHT X1 subwoofer crossover/EQ. (Simaudio Moon i-5080 integrated amp)*

7. Your Martin Logan experience: My (audio) life was changed back in about 1997 when a local HiFi shop let a curious 16yr old demo a pair of CLS panels. At the same time I listened to a pair of B&W 801s.... everythnig had changed. The possibilities of sound staging, and clarity were amazing!

* = Retired component.

htfull.jpg

Last edited:
Nice system!!!!

In my early youth I was an early adopter of a wonderful new multi-channel format called "stereo". However, it took me till my 50's to be able to afford Logans. Consider yourself very lucky.

They need more "air"

Evan, welcome, always good to have another viynl fan amongst us. If possible you really need to give your Logans more "space" as well as seperation if you can, the fact that your TV sticks out in front of them is a big no-no.

Thanks for the comments!

I actually do move them when listening, I just close the door and move them about 10' apart and another foot from the back wall. I have had them in another room and 15' between them was deffinately better, but I'm short on space in here. I view this as "temporary" anyway right now :)

On top of that, the floor is giving me some weird reflections, might need a nice thick rug in there.

Great Sequel II System....

BD,

:D Excellent phono set-up as well. Your Sequel II's look brand new, they are in excellent shape. It is good to see your Sim Audio Moon i5800 amp. Doesn't Sim Audio make wonderful amplifiers?

Cute Kachina Doll next to your TT. I once made a Kachina years ago... ;)

Robin said:
BD,

:D Excellent phono set-up as well. Your Sequel II's look brand new, they are in excellent shape. It is good to see your Sim Audio Moon i5800 amp. Doesn't Sim Audio make wonderful amplifiers?

Cute Kachina Doll next to your TT. I once made a Kachina years ago... ;)

As for "excellent" I don't know, but it gets the job done most of the time :cool:

I haven't given a "good" listen to the SimAudio yet, my spare time has been short :( From the little that I have listened to it, it is quite impressive for it's modest 80wpc.

Beat_Dominator said:
....but I'm short on space in here.
In regards to setup, some of us just do not have the space or extra rooms to get our systems in the perfect setup. Some of us - like myself - need to have the TV between the speakers. Optimum, no, but a TV in between my system is better than either no TV or no music system.

What is all this ramblin about :D that some of us have no choice in regards to setup (other associated equipment and living spaces), and what we have, is better than not having it at all.

Dan

You should take a pic of how the MLs are positioned when you're doing critical listening. I want to see what kind of positioning you're working with.

I noticed you have a TT, wow... so young and already into TTs.

I'll try to take a picture later this weekend. I stole that 'table from my dad. He has a few hundred LPs of awesome '60-'70s rock. ;)

*Update*

I have replaced the Parasound P3 with a Classe 47.5 preamp. The P3 sounded a little too analytical in my system. I am much more pleased by the Classe as it sounds smoother and has better clarity in the upper frequencies.

*Update*

I recieved goodies for x-mas! My new Tara Labs Spectrum 3 balanced cables have done more than take my setup to the next level, it sounds like it skipped a few levels in between!

Spectrum2aCrossSection.jpg

2yotim0.jpg

*Update*

I recieved goodies for x-mas! My new Tara Labs Spectrum 3 balanced cables have done more than take my setup to the next level, it sounds like it skipped a few levels in between!

The owner of Sound Mind Audio here in Austin used to be a Tara Labs rep! I will get some stuff from him eventually. Love that MOON audio gear too! He is the authorized dealer for that...someday!

Last edited:
I have mostly Tara Labs interconnects and have speaker cables too. I know it is an arguable point to some, but it was an improvement when I added them to my system as well.:D

Jeff:cool:

*Update*

Spectrum2aCrossSection.jpg

2yotim0.jpg

Nice to see another member from Phoenix. You've got a pretty nice system there, it'll definately be nice when you can get it spread out and permanately placed.

I bought Tara Clara wire for my reQuests when I bought them in 1997..and also use Tara Prisms for a few other connections. I run Kimber Kable balanced right now but I've always been curious about the sound of the Spectrum 3's. Let me know how they are in your system, Tara Labs makes some nice cables that won't break the bank.

Dan

*Update*

I just recieved my Bellari Phono stage that was ordered before x-mas! :eek:

This is just a preliminary update, I will get photos and explain the delay in recieving the unit. So far so good!

Here is what I am calling v.1.2 of my Stereo.

2zix1d4.jpg

Here we have the Classe CP 47.5 preamp with NHT X1 sub x-over. The NHT is not plugged in since the subwoofer I am building is not ready. It allows stereo subs with all balanced connections thoughout!
29o4sns.jpg

This is the digital front end, still the Arcam Alpha 8se with Forte F-50 DAC.
2saxyzd.jpg

Here we have the Bellari Phono/Headphone amp next to my AKG K501 headphones that I have had for almost 6 years.... and they keep getting better!
2d2j7kl.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back