System #143 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny you should say that! We bought this house because of that room and another "game room" that I built my dedicated theater in.

If you had said "I'd die for that room" you'd be closer to the truth. With the RE market having gone away completely, I may die (finacially) over the acquisition of this house. So far we're hanging in here.....

Yes , Florida is bad just a smidgen ahead of MI in foreclosures. I heard you have more people leaving the state than coming in. They are also doing COMPS on houses after 90 days so they can include the foreclosed houses and that depreciates yours even more. My boss lives in Tampa St Pete and cant sell.

Hey Jerry.. Love that room. That blue wall is really nice. Not sure about the Snow White picture, though... :eek:

Tom...thanks

RE: Snow White It's better in person... You'll notice all the artwork in that room is somewhat whimsical and we rotate it often.

The blue wall is great ...but I hate to say it took 5 coats to get the density just right and avoid any roller marks. It's a Home Depot item...Behr color.......December Sky. I chose that color for two reasons. First and formost, I love it. Secondly, you will notice that we also watch TV in that room on a Samsung RP DLP which is very bright and would cast a lot of light on that wall to be reflected. By darkening that wall the TV became much more watchable with improved contrast. The TV has it's own 5.1 audio system consiting of a Denon 2307 and Klipsch RB 81's in the cabinetry an RC62 Center under the TV and two Klipsch ceilng speakers. TV watching is done on a perpendicular axis to the 2 channel listening.

Last edited:
OUCH! 5 coats?? wow..

I did our half-bath in a blood red color and it took that many coats too.. still am not happy with it..

Red is hard. If you look at my room i have 7 coats on that . Its deep blood red. first 4 were just pinkish tones with roller stipple showing through. Keep painting and make sure to use a quality paint and 1/2 inch roller.

OUCH! 5 coats?? wow..

I did our half-bath in a blood red color and it took that many coats too.. still am not happy with it..
Tom, is that how you originally ended up with a pink wall in your living-room, i.e. not enough coats?

Last edited:
Did any of you use a primer? We just painted our walls a very similar blue and it only took two coats after using a primer. My wife is a perfectionist and would have painted more coats if needed.

Very nice looking room and that color really compliments the wood floor.

Did any of you use a primer? We just painted our walls a very similar blue and it only took two coats after using a primer. My wife is a perfectionist and would have painted more coats if needed.

Very nice looking room and that color really compliments the wood floor.

The job was done by a professional who uses a primer tinted with the same color as the topcoat (s).

Thanks for noticing how well the color works with the floor. What can't be seen on the internet pics is the fact that the walls that appear to be white are actually a pale yellow that Benjamin Moore calls "Easter Lilly" So...we have December Sky and Easter Lilly.....sounds seasonal doesn't it!

Just took a few moments and updated the equipment lists. The room now has a throw rug between the Summits....I should take some new pix.

Nice system, I like the willardson painting. My on the way son's room is all willardson paintings. I see a Britto in there as well - I have a few of them, too. It seems that we have similar taste. haha

Last edited:
Thanks

We have a couple of Willardsons. Snow white has now moved into the bedroom hallway to be repaced by a Brito

Back