System #14 (Aeon, Cinema)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muad'Dib

Reaction score
Name: Dimitri
ML Models: Aeon's and Cinema
Extras: JAMO E870's for the rear (E8 Surrounds and E8 Center for when I ever have space for 7+ channels)
Year ML's Purchased: End of '03 beginning of '04 ish
Mods: None as yet, but looking for an active x-over design if anyone knows of one
Equipment:
Pre/Pro: B&K Reference 50
Amps: LINN 2105 (for Aeon's) and B&K ST 1430 Series II (For Cinema and E 870's)
CD: Rotel RCD 1070
DVD: Denon 2200
TV: Sony 24" Flatscreen CRT
Modified rack
Sub: Homebuilt 12" front-firing sub
Piano black w/ solid brass feet

Headphones: Sennheiser HD 600's (not shown)
Creek OBH-11 SE Headphone amp (on top of RCD 1070)

Pictures still sorta suck, but that's the best I'm gonna get apperantly. Camera ran out of batteries and I can't find anymore lyin around the apartment.

-D

Attachments

• P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 1,440
  • P1010064.JPG
    P1010064.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 1,389
  • P1010065.JPG
    P1010065.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 1,248
  • P1010050 copy - reduced size.jpg
    P1010050 copy - reduced size.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 1,433
Last edited:
WOW! Very nice! A lot of cool upgrades I see (since this is an older picture you probably have even more new gear). I see you got yourself a Rotel Pre-Pro, sweet! I love the new look, those low profile audio racks really compliment your setup. Congrats on the new gear :) . Thank you for sharing. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new pix.

SV

Last edited:
Very cool Pix!! Personally I think the photos came out really good. :) Awesome setup you've got there. Enjoy!

SV

Thank you. I haven't been enjoying it very much lately - haven't had the time. I have my competancy exams coming up Monday after next.

I did get a chance to listen to the fourth movement of the Mahler symphony number 1 tonight though (San Francisco Symphony Orchestra with Tilson-Thomas Conducting - Hybrid SACD) and it sounded phenomenal. Wish I had an SACD player to get the most out of it, but it sounded really incredible - I strongly recommend the CD ( http://www.shopsfsymphony.org/item.jsp?item=02604&category=11) for anyone interested. Listened to it at near symphonic levels too :D

-D

Yes, I'll bet it would sound pretty awesome in SACD! But good ol' stereo, as you said, does sound phenomenal on ML's. :D I need to check out that Mahler symphony number 1 CD sometime. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

SV

STV said:
Yes, I'll bet it would sound pretty awesome in SACD! But good ol' stereo, as you said, does sound phenomenal on ML's. :D I need to check out that Mahler symphony number 1 CD sometime. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

SV

I'll send it to you in the next weekish. Email ([email protected]) me your contact info though - lost it in the move to this apartment.

Last edited:
Cool!, thanks Dimitri! I sent you an e-mail with all my contact info. It's interesting how a Denon 4802 as an amp for your Aeon's woofer secton works so well. That's really cool! I'll bet your system sounds great bi-amped!

Later bud,

SV

Back