System #138 (Clarity, Fresco)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkok

Reaction score
I think I have it right this time. A bit of trouble sizing the photo :)

1. Member Name: Mark King
2. Location: Bradford West Yorkshire England
3. ML Model(s): Clarity(2) and Fresco(3)
4. Year Purchased: 2005 and 2006 for Fresco’s
5. Mods/Changes: Nothing
6. Associated Electronics: Krell kav-400xi, Copland CD823, Denon 3910 DVD and 3805 Receiver. REL Strata III sub, Topfield TF5800pvr, Garrard 401 turntable with AT1005 ARM and Goldring Cartridge. Music fidelity X-phono pre. Various interconnects

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: I Always loved the sound of Electrostatics from going to a Hi-Fi show nearly 30 years ago. When I went to audition the krell/copland/clarity system I was convinced this is what I had been looking for. Not perfect but I just love the out of box sound. Travelled over 200 miles for the fresco’s as I had ran out of money but had a chance to get three second hand for half price. Would have loved to get all top end stuff but alas I have to eat 

Attachments

• Hi-Fi_resized2.jpg
    Hi-Fi_resized2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,890
Very nice system, glad to see more world citizens joining the ML family. I personally have had ML for 8 years and would never ever think of going with any other speaker line.

Luke

Last edited:
Welcome Mark, always nice to have another viynl guy in the group. nice system.

Cheers guys. I need to get the Garrard seen to really. It's been in the family since new in 1974. In fact it is my uncle who got me into hi-fi way too young before I had any money. He had the 401, a pait of celef mini professionals and a an old trio amp that was replaced by a NAD 3060. I still use them all in some capacity except the celefs which one of the drivers went a few years ago and is in the attic. The nad is used as a power amp only in my sons bedroom.

I did listen to a lot of box speakers but knew what I was looking for. I also listened to the quad els but found them lacking any weight for the types of music I listen to.

By the way mkok stands for Mark King Ok. It's what I used to put on top of space invader machines in the pub over 25 years ago. Don't do it know though lol.

I'm adding a few more pics which goes round my L shaped room

Attachments

• Hi-fi_2_Rack_1.jpg
    Hi-fi_2_Rack_1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,024
Speaks for itself

Attachments

• Hi-fi_3_rear.jpg
    Hi-fi_3_rear.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,008
Moving into the L we get the ddrum4 electronic drums

Attachments

• Hi-fi_3_rear_right.jpg
    Hi-fi_3_rear_right.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,020
Lastly the studio. The speakers are Genelec 1029a powered monitors and there is a home made sub woofer under the table. This is built from a kit by IPL. This little system sounds really punchy and goes really loud for the size of it. Ok I'm done now :)

Attachments

• Hi-fi_3_rear_right_studio.jpg
    Hi-fi_3_rear_right_studio.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 944
Welcome Mark.... how are you enjoying the frescoes so far? I've been contemplating that as my center since I can keep it relatively flush to the wall.

Cheers :)

I like the fresco's and they sound good with the clarity's. One of the reasons I got them was that they fit into my room well. I had a monitor audio centre before which was much larger but did not have the openness of the fresco's.
I am quite amazed at the size of the sound that comes from them and the lack of boxiness. You can still tell they are not els speakers but close enough for me. I'm not sure I would have paid full price for them though.

Beautiful Clarity / Fresco HT System...

Mark,

Welcome to the ML Club! :D
Dude, Your system is way cool... I just love how you have your system set-up. I was wondering what size is your flat's HT listening area? Your room looks so organized, neat and clean. And It didn't escape my notice that you play the drums, which is fantastic. :D Are you in a band? What music do you play?

:D Very cool system!

Hi Robin

Thanks for the comments. The room is L shaped and is 20 foot long by 10.5 wide. The L part is 8.5 by 8.5 foot. I keep the studio bit in that part. By the way it's a detached house not a flat. I had to have one as my son plays drums and no neigbor would put up with us :D

I play drums and bits of other stuff but I would only confess to being a drummer lol. Heres a link to a review. It is much better at explaining than I could be. The bands CD which I produced and mixed sounds great through the ml's I made sure I didn't squeeze the life out of it with compression.

Do you play in a band?

oops nearly forgot the link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bradford/music/raw_talent/features/2005/loved_ones_g8.shtml

Excellent...

Mark,

Hi,

I really can't get over how wonderful you system fits in your lovely home. ;) So your family has two drummers your son and yourself. I think that is so excellent... I'm sorry, I couldn't find exactly what kind of music your band the 'Loved Ones' plays? Your band looks to be full of energy, very accomplished looking blokes... :p

In my youth, for several years, I was apart of a Rockn' Roll band. I played the Vox Jaguar organ and sang back-up vocals in Southern California, Camarillo in Ventura county.
Currently, I occasionally bring my guitar into work and singing and playing for the clients at the hospital, where I work. I just love to sing and play guitar. :)

Mark, your system Rocks. It's good to have you here. :D

Cheers Robin :)

I can't work out what type of music we do either lol. We used to have a few clips on our web site but it needs rebuilding at the moment.

I'm like you and love playing. No substitute for the real thing. You look like you could do with a bit more room for your gear. Some cracking stuff there.

Keep up the playing it lifts the spirit :)

Love Music...

Mark,

It is glorious to have an on going love for playing music. ;) If you can obtain a clip of your band playing, someday, I'd love to see it. I am curious, did your band compose / write your own original songs / music?

In about five years, I'll be moving to my large home in the state of Washington, then I'll be able to spread out my HT into a 25 foot by 20 foot room, with 10 foot high ceilings. :) I can hardly wait until then but for now my HT is OK for now - comfy cosy but definitely near field listing. :D

Next week I plan on playing guitar and singing for our clients once again. I think I will bring my classical guitar this time. :)

Let the music roll on...

The band is all original material. I will let you know or send you some material as soon as I get chance.

Keep playing

Mark

Latest posts

Back