System #133 (Ascent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriss68

Reaction score
1. Name: Christian S.
2. Location: Alsace France
3. ML Model: Ascent
4. Year of purchase: dec. 2005
5. Mods: no
6. Associated electronics:
CDP: Rega Apollo
Amplifier: Krell KAV 400-xi
Tuner: Yamaha T550 (old model!!)
Cables: Goertz Sapphire silver interconect and Goertz MI2 Veracity biwiring
and an old Stax Lamda + Srd6 headphone set!
The room is just under the roof. Dimensions are in meters: 5.30m x 4.90m x 3.00m height in the middle. I'm not very clever in converting in feet...
The MLs are (front side) 2.00m appart from the rear wall and also 2.00m (axis) separated each other.
I tried many amplifiers ss and tube. The Krell made it at last...
Best regards,
Christian

Attachments

• Redimensionnement de 2006-07-29 004.JPG
    Redimensionnement de 2006-07-29 004.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 835
Christian, Welcome, kool looking equipment rack ! happy listening !

Thank you for wellcoming. Twich54, I made the rack during the two last weeks. It's made of 2 or about 300 year old oak that was used for the structure of my house.

very nice, whats the material used for the shelving ?

Ascent Beauty...

Chris,

Welcome to the ML Club! :D
Wonderful Ascent system! It is wonderfully bright and cheery looking... :D

Dave,

hade some vacation. Now I'm back. The shelving is made of four ceramic tiles 24X24 inches and about 0.44 inch thick. First thought using granite sheets but the price would have been unreasonable... ;)

Robin,

thank you for your kind words. I like your system too!! :)

Chris :)

Ascent's...

Chris,

Thank you for the kind words. :D I meant to ask you what are your Ascent's sitting on? Is it a piece of Granite, Marble or Slate? :)

Ascent's

Robin,
Ascent's are on basalt, sort of volcanic stone, very dense ( 1.20 inch thick). I put some feet under made of silicon so it brings good isolation from the floor. Bass is clear and "tight" :) .
Cheers,
Chris

Basalt...

Chris,

Wonderful! I have never heard of using that particular stone. Your silicone feet underneath the Basalt is an excellent tweak... ;) So, as I understand it, I assume you do not use your spike feet on your Ascents to the basalt slab, correct? :confused: I mean, your Ascents sit directly on the Basalt without spike feet, is that correct?

I might just attempt this tweak someday soon... ;)

Basalt

Robin,

I use the spike feet too! They sit on small metal washers. Under these washers I put a piece of lead so there is a good contact with the stone :) . I did'nt even try without the spikes :eek: so cann't tell if there is a difference with or without the spike... May be I try some day, but what material should I use to get a good contact between the underside of the Ascents and the basalt base :confused: No idea for the moment...
Cheers,

Chris

Latest posts

Back