System #132 (SL3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bimotarich

Reaction score
Name: Richard Grumbine
Speakers: (main) Martin Logan SL3 (center) B&W 600LC3 (rear) B&W 604 S2 (Sub) Yamaha SVT-1000
Control Amp: Denon AV10SE
Front Amp: Pioneer Reference M90
Sources: Sony DVP9000SE, Denon DVD-3300
Monitor: Sony 55 Wega Engine Plasma
Cables: Acros and Esoteric for audio and OXO for video
Wire: Tara Labs Prism Bi-Wire

Comments: Very open and natural sound. Good for movies but music is the main thrust of the system. The ML speakers are power hungry and would like more power than the Pioneer can give them (it is rated at 220w per channel at 8 ohms)... I would like to make the system completely ML in the future.

All components were bought piecemeal over time and were used.

Attachments

• Image-BB7F3E5CC7B311DA.jpg
    Image-BB7F3E5CC7B311DA.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 925
Beautiful SL3 System...

Richard,

:D Welcome to the ML Club!
Incredible SL3 system! :D I don't believe I've seen the Pioneer 55 WEGA Engine Plasma before? Also, I noticed their is a wired small pad at the corner of the throw rug... May I ask just what kind of devise it is?

Wonderful SL3 Home theater system. :D

I love the curtain idea, good for acoustics.

Hey, is that plasma tv in a real window opening?

A Sony Plasma TV with a glass frame?

Richard,

Your Sony Plasma 55" montior seems to have a glass frame with silver inlayed? :confused: This Sony model seems very different indeed...? :)

Yes it is in a real window LOL... I have some bamboo curtains outside the window to help cut down on light...

Richard,

Your Sony Plasma 55" montior seems to have a glass frame with silver inlayed? :confused: This Sony model seems very different indeed...? :)
yeah this Sony is what they call a "floating" panel... it also had speakers on each end of it... but luckily they are removable! So out they went!

Latest posts

Back