System #130 (Aeon i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
Member Name: Sugar. Now, would you really want to know me by any other name?

2. Location: EU

3. ML Model: Aeon-i

4. Year Purchased: 6/2005

5. Mods/Changes: none.

6. Associated Electronics: Musical Fidelity A5 CDP and A5 Integrated amp. Nordost cords. LG Plasma '06, Currently shopping for a good DVD Player.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

Currently looking at aesthetic ways to properly treat the room. l'm very pleased with the sound at this point. The system shows bad recordings for what they are, but the music still makes it through. Even the worst recordings I own are enjoyable to listen to, as long as the music on them is enjoyable to start with. With a good recording the system absolutely disappears. What more could I ask?

The shelf is custom built, ceramic brick base and then oak wood with a layer of cork board to absorb vibrations. The 'wings' are very stong and can hold up to 150kg as they are hooked to the the wall with reinfornced steel. There's a fan on the inside, two vents on the left and right bottom for cables, etc. I have Two (2) dedicated outlets inside which run directly to the main breaker. And of course, glass & lock on the front to keep my son's curious hands away.

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,480
straight on.

Attachments

• mine-2.jpg
    mine-2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,479
Last edited:
Thanks Joey. I'm quite happy with it, but it did take take a long time finding the right design that would ultimately have continuity with the rest of our house.

My camera is broken and I know the pictures suck, so I'll have to repost at a later time.

Sugar,
I like your layout. It is very subtle and clean. I am redoing my whole den right now and I hope that I will end up with something that clean when I am done.

Jeff :cool:

Aeon i's paired with Musical Fidelity's very best - Awesome...

SugarMedia,

I just love your modern minimalist Aeon i / Musical Fidelity set-up... :) It is clean and must sound incredible as well. ;) Your equipment cabinet is really a work of art. Your Musical Fidelity gear must really make the Aeon i's sing. :D

Thanks for posting your system, it really Rocks. :D

Last edited:
TheBobGoat said:
you need a bigger chair =) good otherwise

...If any bigger then I might have to share the sweetspot. :)

Attachments

• Sugarsystem.jpg
    Sugarsystem.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,415
Last edited:
Jeff Zaret said:
Sugar,
I like your layout. It is very subtle and clean. I am redoing my whole den right now and I hope that I will end up with something that clean when I am done.

Jeff :cool:

Jeff, here's my source of inspiration. Perhaps you too can take a little something from it.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Attachments

• flat cabinet for stereo and TV.jpg
    flat cabinet for stereo and TV.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,419
Sugar, sweet, very sweet. clean and uncluttered, ver nice. How do you like your A-5 CD player ?

twich54 said:
Sugar, sweet, very sweet. clean and uncluttered, ver nice. How do you like your A-5 CD player ?

Thanks Dave. I like the A5 very much. The sound, (and I'm new to the tube world) has also changed over the course of 8 months and is now quite sweet. I am constantly amazed at the level of detail I can hear from certain cds. Most recently a good friend brought over one of his Pink Floyd discs and and we were both floored at the layers upon layers of sound... you know the distant things far in the background.

Regards.

I love the whole look! Very cool and modern. I've seen a lot of interesting designs before, but I really like the way it compliments your Aeon i's and Plasma display.

Seth

I love the whole look! Very cool and modern. I've seen a lot of interesting designs before, but I really like the way it compliments your Aeon i's and Plasma display. Seth

Hey Seth, thanks alot for the compliments. The set-up is ever changing and I'm soon going to add a dry-stone wall behind the plasma. I did a quick photoshop job to see if I would like it, and I do. I also think it will help some with diffusion... it will certainly be better than a flat cement wall.

Attachments

• stonewall.jpg
    stonewall.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,104
Wow! I think that looks great! The dry stone wall behind it really adds a visual flair. And like you said, once you do this it will most likely offer some diffusion. Great job on the photo BTW, if you hadn't mentioned that the wall was added with Photoshop, I would have guessed that it was real :)

Seth

Latest posts

Back