System #13 (Ascent i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bono

Reaction score
System #13 (Ascent i, Theater i, Descent Sub and Clarity)

1. Member Name: Mike Hou

2. Location: Modesto, California USA

3. ML Model(s): Ascent I Aluminium, Theater I, Descent Sub and Clarity for Rear

4. Year Purchased: 2004

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics:

Parasound Halo C1 Processor
Parasound Halo A51 Amp ( 5 Channels )
Proceed Amp 2
Sony Plasma TV 950XBR 50'
Denon DVD-3910s
Monster AVS Sig 2000 Power Condition
Consonance Reference SACD 2.0
Samsung SAT HDTV
IPOD 20 GB
Red Dawn Rev II Speaker cables
Audioquest speaker cable rear
Kimble Kable XLR ( Halo C1 to A51, Consonance SACD )
Monster Cable XLR to Descent
Monster Cable DVI and Component Video to TV
Zu power cables and XLO reference power cables for all components

*Pictures are not updated.

Attachments

• PICT0742.JPG
    PICT0742.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,513
  • PICT0744.JPG
    PICT0744.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,022
Last edited:
Classy, very classy! Love the Halo gear. I'll bet they sound as good as they look. Very nice setup. :)

SV

Thank you guys...Halo is great better than what I used to have. enjoy every minute of it. I still need to get Theater I and Fresco to finish my HT.

Bono

Very nice. Especially clean looking - I like it.

-D

Cool! How do you feel about the plasma over the fireplace? My room has a similar layout, but I presently have my home theater set up sideways across the room to avoid the fireplace (tube TV - not mountable). I've debated doing something similar to what you did, mounting an LCD or plasma over the fireplace, or perhaps using projection with a drop-down screen. It would definitely be a better acoustic layout based on my room shape and door placement. My concerns are: a) isn't the plasma uncomfortably high for a normal viewing position (e.g. - couch), b) any concerns with actually using the fireplace with your nice plasma over it, c) any concerns with using the fireplace with the Ascents in relative proximity to the heat and possible smoke source? I note that your fireplace is pretty clean, which makes me think that home theater might have won-out over crackling logs. :)

My TV room is small and the fireplace had never been used before. So the only place I could put a big screen TV is over the fire place. I bought a tilt mount for it, so it give you a perfect angle to view.

Bono......... Great looking setup and room !!!!!!!!
Could those floors shine anymore .... I don't think so. Seriously I like that you have put together very tastefully, great audio and video. I feel that in doing so it inhances a rooms decor NOT as some do. Enough of my preaching, I bet it sounds great, good luck and great job !!!!!!!!

I agree, great looking setup and I sure it sounds fanatastic too.
The only suggestion I would make is just enjoy it and you will tweak it when you feel the time (and money) is right. If you don't then nothing lost either. The point is to enjoy it not constantly play with it. You know what they say if you are always playing with it you will go blind. LOL :eek: :D

Jeff

New to High End?

Damn man, you surely jumped in with both feet. Don't get hung up on constantly upgrading, stop and listen to the system you put together. Enjoy the music and video!

Thanks!

Thanks guys for the compliment. Trust me I enjoy every second of it. My goal is to finish my HT with all Martin Logan speakers. So for right now im half way there.

Some great gear there.

Once you go Martin Logan all around you'll never go back. :D

SteveInNC said:
Cool! How do you feel about the plasma over the fireplace? My room has a similar layout, but I presently have my home theater set up sideways across the room to avoid the fireplace (tube TV - not mountable). I've debated doing something similar to what you did, mounting an LCD or plasma over the fireplace, or perhaps using projection with a drop-down screen. It would definitely be a better acoustic layout based on my room shape and door placement. My concerns are: a) isn't the plasma uncomfortably high for a normal viewing position (e.g. - couch), b) any concerns with actually using the fireplace with your nice plasma over it, c) any concerns with using the fireplace with the Ascents in relative proximity to the heat and possible smoke source? I note that your fireplace is pretty clean, which makes me think that home theater might have won-out over crackling logs. :)

I was worried about the heat too when I moved into this house 9 years ago...one of the Sequels would have to sit about 4 feet from the wood stove. I emailed ML and they told me they had one sitting next to a wood stove they could melt steel in it got so hot and never a problem!!! I made sure I vaccuumed them often though. Then I bought another pair of Sequels (white) for the side surrounds and one sat on the other side of the wood stove...and man did it sound great!!! :D

Chipdivot

Very nice system. How do you like the Halo amp? I have the Halo processor right now and feel like it is a solid processor. JWP

Bono said:
Finally got the Clarity for my rear and Theater i for my center. I'll have the pics up next week.
Mike,
Where's the pics of those nice Claritys and Theater i. Lets seem them man.:)

I really dig the Aluminum Ascents... real spiffy!

And yes, I dont think your floors can get any shinier...

Update your pics please! :)

Joey_V said:
I really dig the Aluminum Ascents... real spiffy!

And yes, I dont think your floors can get any shinier...

Update your pics please! :)

Thanks Joey,

I will update the pics soon. My camera is mess up right now, I will have to get a new one soon. Any good digital camera out there that cost around $300?

try the cannons in that price range with the 2.8 lenses -

unless you are hooked on sony or something with their memory stick

Back