System #127 (Prodigy)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bandit

Benno from Denmark:

Hi Guys!

Thought it might be my turn to post fotos. :D

Ive had CLS 1+2; Odyssey; And for a Year and a half the Prodigy's.

Well ive come to love the biiiig soundstage of these speakers, the openness and speed, and have neutral they sound - what can I say - They just kick ass!!

Ive tried different stuff on them, but the most natural and musical sounding combo, is with the Swedish Bladelius Stuff - small but efficient! This little amp has nothing less than a large 1800VA Toroidal !!!

Newest investment are the new Nord Ost "Heimdall" cables - all the way! Best sounding so far - much more open and airy than my older Transparent "Ultra"s...

I allso use Supra "Lorad" power cables - great improvement, but I'm afraid I might try some Nordost here too - its actually frightening how sensitive these speakers are with their powersource - Never thought of that before trying an Exact Power - powerplant on them! Jesus!

Well my systems is:

Martin Logan - Prodigy : Speakers - January 2005
Bladelius - Thor : Integrated Amp
Bladelius - Freja : CD/SACD Player 24/192
Project RPM 10 : Recordplayer including speedbox
Audio Technica : OC-10 Anniversary
?????? : Headamp
Nord Ost Heimdall : XLR and Speaker cables
Supra - Lorad : Powercables

Tweaks: None so far!

Planned upgrades: New Headamp/RIAA, Power cables - Nordost.

Great site bye the way!

Benno

Attachments

• P6270706.jpg
    P6270706.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 956
  • P6270712.jpg
    P6270712.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 896
  • P6270714.jpg
    P6270714.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 869
  • P6270716.jpg
    P6270716.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 847
  • P6270719.jpg
    P6270719.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 815
Prodigy Phonograghic Musical Magic...

Benno,

Welcome to the ML Club! :D
Beautiful Prodigy set-up! I like the looks of your Project RPM 10 - TT... Sweet!
Your listening room looks simply elligant. ;) Your music must sound wonderful the way you have your Prodigy's positioned?

It's good to have you here... :D

Benno, Congrats on the nice clean set-up, it's good to have another vinylphile amonst us. Have you tried any toe-in with your Podigy's at all ? Just curious since you appear to have quite a bit of seperation between the two.

twich54 said:
Benno, Congrats on the nice clean set-up, it's good to have another vinylphile amonst us. Have you tried any toe-in with your Podigy's at all ? Just curious since you appear to have quite a bit of seperation between the two.

I was just about to make that same comment regarding toe-in... your Prodigys are very far apart.... how's the middle fill?

Hi Guys!

Of course ive tried toe in, and actually, there is a small amount of toe in, but very little.

The picture doesent show how far I sit, my listening position is actally a little bigger than the space between my speakers.

Bye the way - a easy way to get the perfekt toe in: Start with no toe in at all, then start to toe in - one degree at the time, You will find that Your Logans actually doesent need very much toe in.. This is due to the fact, that Logans allso have to interact with the wall behind them - using this technigue, gives You the deepest and widest soundstage - listen and You will be impressed!

/ Benno

Back