System #125 (Ascent, Theater)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AudioRaptured,

I'm in Charlotte North Carolina..... but I'm a transplant from Tampa, FL. When I was in the Air Force, I was stationed in Fayetteville, NC. I did escape Fayetteville :D , but I never made it out of NC. <grin> Except for the fact that there's very little offered in terms of good audio equipment dealers, it's a nice place to live being under 4 hours to either the mountains or the beach. :)

System#125 (Ascent,Theater

Mr. Prall: Good afternoon. Audio Advise on Glennwood Ave in Raleigh is one of the best stores around your "area". It's a nice 2-3 hour ride but well worth the stop. They have really great equipment there. Bring your best discs and try one weekend. Let me know what you think. By the way, what type of music do you listen to; who's in your top ten rotation?

Eva Cassidy...

audioraptured said:
Thanks Robin; I heard Eva Cassidy's "No Boundaries","American Tune","Time After Time", "Songbird", and "Imagine" over this weekend. (I should get the "Blues Alley" by this weekend.) I also got the book about her life with these five discs. To say that her story is heart wrenching is an understatement. But if you add the beautiful music she made it changes to a wonderful testament to her inner strength and creative gifts. To listen to the emotion she could create with each song made me realize what a truly treasured "songbird" she really was. I hope more audiophiles take the time to listen.
audioraptured,

I too have all her CD's and have the book about her life. I totally agree with you, she had a beautiful gift and creativity, which was simply amazing. :) I just love Eva's soulfulness and beautiful inner light, which I hear in all her wonderful songs. She is just so inspirational as well as up-lifting for me. I think you'll really enjoy "Blues Alley"... ;) Eva is one "Songbird" that can really make your Logan's sing... :D

Back