System #123 (Vista)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madsumm

Reaction score
Member Name: Mathew
ML Model: Vista
Year Purchased: 4th June 2006
Mods/Changes: Nope
Associated Electronics: PrimaLuna 3 & 5, Marantz 7600 SACD, Yamaha RX-1400, Mirage OmniSats, JVC LCD TV, getting the Kimber Kable 4TC bi-wire soon, AudioPrism QuietLine
Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Its really sounded off now, guess it needs some time to run in.... One note, you really need to use the ETC Spikes otherwise it really sound "weak" strange how the spikes affected the sound quality.

Attachments

• Full_Theatre.jpg
    Full_Theatre.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,024
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello madsumm,

And welcome to the club.

Congratulations on your new pair of Vista’s, I hope you enjoy them. Your picture is a little dark and needing some contrast, I hope you don’t mind but I took the liberty of toning it. I work for a local Newspaper toning photos all day, I do any ware from 100 to 300 photos a day, I figured whats one more.:D I hope you like it; I sent it to your E-mail.

Hey, nice work!!

Well, was trying to show the lights through the Vista from the back rather then the dull front dark looking twosome.

Rgds

Vista System...

madsumm,

:D Welcome to the ML Club!
Your Vista system look marvelous, simply marvelous... :D I like you Paraluma 3 & 5 - tubed power. How do you like the tubed sound? The warm glow of tubes in your photo looks cool. ;) What is your listening room size dimensions?
Also, what percentage do you watch HT vs music listening?

Beautiful Vista system... :D

Hi Robin,

The Primas are fantastic. Beyond all my expectations.
Vista are quick and accurate speakers, paired with a pair of tube is heavenly made!

I've tested Vista with Ayre as well as Spectra amps, but in the end settled with PrimaLunas pre and amp config. The warmth is astounding.

I listen to music most of the time (80%?)

Anyway, just to update. I've changed my loaned MiT AvT3 speaker cables to Kimber Kaber 4TC. As recommended, do not use spades, directly bind to post. At the same time, from the same cables, I've created 4x bi-wire jumper to replace the weird looking steel plate jumpers. The changes to the sound is pretty obvious. It opened up a whole lot of details and very very nice highs and gentle bass.

Next week, I will DIY the power cables using Beldens 83803 for the power amp and hope to also build using 83802 for the Vista's power.

And yeah,.. the warm look of the tubes at night just made my day... keke

Rgds

Last edited:
Back