System #12 (reQuest, Aerius i, Theater i, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Seth,

Good news on the enjoyment of the motion-capable seats ;)

The new descent will really add to the overall impact as well.

But you'll need to redo the Audyssey measurements one more time :p

Hi Seth,

Good news on the enjoyment of the motion-capable seats ;)

The new descent will really add to the overall impact as well.

But you'll need to redo the Audyssey measurements one more time :p

Hi Jonathan,

Yeah I'm totally loving the ButtKickers! I never realized just how much they would add to the whole movie experience.

I am really looking forward to the second Descent. I am going to experiment with placement, but I'm thinking I will place it to the left side of the left reQuest. I ordered a 20 foot Canare XLR cable which will arrive Friday, so I will be ready for the Descent's arrival. :)

Yep, Audyssey will indeed need to be redone.;) But now that I have a bit more experience with mic placement, I think (hope) it'll go fairly smooth.

Seth

Seth,

Looking good there buddy! Gotta love that SONY man! Dude, I still marvel at the picture quality on that screen even when it is a Standard Def broadcast or a DVD!

I have not run any HD-DVD/BD stuff through it yet. If I still have a job after next week I will get a BD player and start working that library up!

Be cool!

Seth,

Looking good there buddy! Gotta love that SONY man! Dude, I still marvel at the picture quality on that screen even when it is a Standard Def broadcast or a DVD!

I have not run any HD-DVD/BD stuff through it yet. If I still have a job after next week I will get a BD player and start working that library up!

Be cool!

Hi James,

Thanks.;) Like you, I'm still loving the Sony, it's an awesome TV! :)

Oh you're gonna love it once you do get a Blu-ray player and start seeing what they look like on your Sony. I watched Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda and talk about a razor sharp high def picture! Even though our TV's are a bit older, they still deliver the high def goods. ;)

Seth

Second Descent installed

I have to say I love the way my setup sounds now with the addition of the second Descent. :)

SecondMartinLoganDescent.jpg

Thanks Tom. ;)

I think I finally have it pretty much where I want it now. The second Descent was the finishing touch. :)

Thanks Tom. ;)

I think I finally have it pretty much where I want it now. The second Descent was the finishing touch. :)

Seth, looking good there my freind.

But 'finishing touch'? you mean with respect to equipment, right? ;)

There's always a bit more to do on other aspects of the system. :music:

How did the new Audyssey run go? Did the use of the two subs better integrate the bass?

Seth, looking good there my freind.

But 'finishing touch'? you mean with respect to equipment, right? ;)

There's always a bit more to do on other aspects of the system. :music:

How did the new Audyssey run go? Did the use of the two subs better integrate the bass?

Thanks Jonathan.:) Yeah by finishing touch I was referring to equipment, but knowing me I probably won't be able to contain myself a year down the road and will end up adding something. ;) But for now I am very happy with the way it is. There is no doubt that room treatments will add even more to the quality of sound, and that is something I would like to do at some point soon.

Re Audyssey, the new run (or should I say two runs) went very well. The sub is now integrated quite well, and the bass is powerful without being bloated or boomy. The second sub just added to the overall presentation.

Seth

I really like your system it is very clean and nice! you have the speakers that convinced me that Martin Logan had a superior sound. I was over at a friends house and I asked to hear them and that was that. I also like your theater seating do those arm rest go up? the only thing I do not like about mine is that they block interaction with female guests ;) anyway it's a really nice system

Thank you for the very nice compliment on my setup.;) Very cool that the speakers that convinced you to go with Martin Logan was the reQuest. I have been ecstatic with them, and everytime I listen to them I am always in awe. Right now I don't see me changing to any other speaker.

Re the HT seating, the arm rests lift up and have a large compartment to put stuff like remotes, magazines, etc. The arm rests are so cushy just like the seats, the seats are so plush one can easily fall asleep in them. The ButtKickers that they have installed are just the coolest thing, and take movie watching to another level.:)

I checked out your setup and it's pretty amazing. I'll bet those Spires kick ass!

Seth

Thanks Tom. ;)

There's no such thing, my friend. For examle the DVD-A1UDCI.;)

Been a while guys.:) Many new members on board since the last time I posted. Very cool to see this forum doing as good as it is.:)

I hadn't realized that it's been a year since I posted on this thread! Not too many things are different with the exception of the Denon A1UDCI Universal Blu-ray player. I have it connected to my Denon AVP-A1HDCI via Denon Link 4, and the sound I'm getting on SACD's and DVD-A's is phenomenal! CD playback using the balanced XLR's is the best CD sound I've heard in my system.

And it all would mean nothing without my cherished Martin Logans.:) They still amaze me just as much as the first time I brought them home. Music and movies are bliss to listen to through them.

Seth

Last edited:
announcement_smilie.gif

Electronic House has chosen our friend STV's (Seth) HT setup to be featured in their latest issue. What a great honor, for a great system, and a great person! Congrats, mi amigo.
righton_smilie.gif

Check it out here.:cool:

Back