System #117 (Quest Z)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benzo800

Reaction score
Member Name: Andre
2. Location: Central NY, USA

3. ML Model(s): Quest Z

4. Year Purchased: 2006

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics:

Power Amplifier : Mark Levinson 333 (300w/ch)
Preamp: Mark Levinson 380S
CD player: Sony SCD-777ES
Tape Deck: Nakamichi CR3A
Power Conditioning: 3 - PS Audio Ulimate Outlet (high current)
Cables:
Power: Synergistic Research Reference Active X2 (3 )
1 for Preamp
2 for each power conditioner
1 Shunyata Black Mamba for Sony cd player

Power: Synergistic Research AC Master Active X2
1 each per speaker (replace stock cord)
Cables:
IC: 1 Pr. Mit Mi-350 reference 20 ft (preamp to amp)

1 Pr. Mit Mi-350 Twin (Nakamichi cassette deck)
1 Pr. Mit Mi-350 Twin for CD player
Cable:
Speaker: Transparent 12 Ft Reference speaker cables

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

Started 20+ years ago with Magneplanars and got fed up with the constant tweeter blowing and finally purchased a Quest Z this year and never looked back since then. The main difference between the Maggies and the Quest Z is the Bass. The ML has more dynamic bass (hence the 12" woofer Vs a panel). The Ml's take a little bit longer to set up but disappear once set up correctly.

Last edited:
Quest Z Musical System...

Andre,

Welcome to the ML Club!
Your ML Quest Z system looks to be very musical. ;) Does it sound as good as it looks? I noticed a little gray box sitting on the floor just behind the left speaker, as I look at the photo of your system, what is that little box for?

Great looking system. :D

Robin said:
I noticed a little gray box sitting on the floor just behind the left speaker, as I look at the photo of your system, what is that little box for?

Hummmm....

Looks like a PS Audio Ulimate Outlet. :)

Nice system Andre,

Welcome to the Club.

PS Audio Ultimate Outlet...

Zip3kx07 said:
Hummmm....

Looks like a PS Audio Ulimate Outlet. :)
Joe,

Interesting... :) Thanks for that ID, I thought it was a small power conditioner or something, but is that what a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet is? Is it a protector or a conditioner or an out let extension? I'm confused... :confused:

Robin said:
Joe,

Interesting... :) Thanks for that ID, I thought it was a small power conditioner or something, but is that what a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet is? Is it a protector or a conditioner or an out let extension? I'm confused... :confused:
It is a power conditioner/protector.

See here if you would like more info on it.
http://www.psaudio.com/products/ultimate_outlet.asp

Small grey box- question

Robin said:
Joe,

Thank you very much for the information and e-link... :D :D

Sorry for the late reply, I am in the military and was away from home for an extended time out in the field......What is the PS audio conditioner (Little Grey boxes)for? Well the ML Quest are plugged into the PS audio HC condtioners. Quite a Big difference in the sound and dynamics when into these conditioners and the sound can be upgraded depending on the Brand or quality of power cord (removable) that is used the the conditioner or the Quest. Hope that answers your question....
Thanks ...Vr, Andre.

Back