System #114 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, very impressive and I commend you for your endless pursuit of better sound. Your attention to detail is fantastic. I have a long ways to go, I need to get to work!

bikerneil

After purchasing Mapleshade plinths my friends were impressed with the results. Not to waste an opportunity I arranged to sell them at cost and purchase the top of the line Mapleshade plinths in a cherry finish. They are not only works of art but sound fantastic. The music floats between the speakers with no hint that the sound originates from the Summit panels or woofers. Bass notes are tight and defined. Instruments sound more realistic than ever. Of all my tweaks and accessories this has made the most impact.

MapleShadePlinth.jpg

After purchasing Mapleshade plinths my friends were impressed with the results. Not to waste an opportunity I arranged to sell them at cost and purchase the top of the line Mapleshade plinths in a cherry finish. They are not only works of art but sound fantastic. The music floats between the speakers with no hint that the sound originates from the Summit panels or woofers. Bass notes are tight and defined. Instruments sound more realistic than ever. Of all my tweaks and accessories this has made the most impact.

View attachment 19068

Even better.

Very nice Bill and I see the view remains perfect !

update:

1. Member Name: Bill
2. Location: Toronto, Ont., Canada
3. ML Model(s): Renaissance ESL 15A
4. Year Purchased: 2019
5. Mods/Changes: None
6. Associated Electronics:
CD Player: Luxman D-08u
Integrated Amp: EAR V20 [as of 2007-07] (EAR V20 integrated amplifier)​
Cables: Speaker: Sanders ESL speaker cable
Interconnects: XLO signature 3
Room Treatment: Stillpoints Aperture
Power: Foundation Research LS10 (quantity 3), XLO, Inakustic AC-3500P Power Filter, Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) Power Outlet, Wall Plate and cover plate, Synergistic Research Orange fuses in all components, High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 Magnetic Wave Guide
Vibration Control: Stillpoints Ultra 5
Misc: ENTREQ grounding boxes; Acoustic Revive RR-888 Ultra Low Frequency Pulse Generator, Telos Audio Design's Gold RCA Mk2 Caps, Telos Audio Design QNR V3.1 and QBT demag

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
The Logans fill my medium-large room with beautiful music. I purchased my first system 30 years ago--a Marantz quadraphonic CD4 system! :eek: Listening to the same music (Isao Tomita, Snowflakes Are Dancing) shows that you don't need 4 speakers to have suround sound. The Logans are magical. :)

8. An image of your system:
B6385E32-0F3E-408B-BE5A-931B52DE9576.jpeg

Last edited:
After reading a posting from a user praising Sanders speaker cables, I checked Canuck Audio Mart and found them for sale in my area, along with 11a’s. For less than $350CAN, I thought I’d give the cables a try. The seller delivered them within hours, and I’ve had them running for a week. Sanders claims the cables are designed for the unique load presented by electrostatic speakers. The most noticeable improvement is in the high frequencies, and I don’t detect any negatives such as reduction in the bass. Amazing value for the price.

Back