System #113 (Ascent I, Cinema I & Depth)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max157

Reaction score
Name: Max
ML Models: Ascent I, Cinema I, Depth
Surround Sound Speakers: Bose 701 :eek:
Purchased: April 2005
Mods: What!
Associated Equipment:
B&K Ref 50 S2
B&K Ref 200.7 S2
Denon 2910 SACD\DVD
Pioneer 4360 Plasma
60 GB iPod Photo
Directv H20
Playstation 2
Monster Power HTS 3600 (Pre-amp, Amp and ML Speakers)
Monster Powerbar 1100 (Plasma, DVD, iPod and Directv)
Cables:
AudioQuest King Cobra XLR for Pre-Amp to Amp.
AudioQuest King Cobra RCA for Denon 2910
Monster Cable M 2.4 for Ascents I
Monster Cable M 2.2 for Cinema I
AudioQuest Sub X for Depth
Monster InWall cable for Bose 701
Monster iCable for iPod
Monster Ultra 1000 HDMI for Directv and Denon 2910 to TV

Comments: This is my first attempt at a mid-end solid state audio/video system. My last system was a Pioneer Elite receiver with Bose speakers. The first time I saw and listen to a pair of Martin Logan speakers (Requests) was at a friend house and my mind was blowing away. I kept asking myself, how is that possible for sound to travels out of those panels.
My wife and I are music lovers so we spend 70 percent of our home entertainment time listing to our CDs collection. (Nothing better than Jack Johnson on a rainy afternoon) Watching NFL Football games and DVD movies consume the rest of our home entertainment time. Go Pats!

Attachments

• DSC01250-Temp.jpg
    DSC01250-Temp.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 795
  • DSC01251-Temp.jpg
    DSC01251-Temp.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 701
What a nice system.... I really like the wood you coordinated there. Nice!

Post pics of the other half of your system - the seating area.

Zip3kx07 said:
Hi Max, Thats a nice system you have there. :)

What type of wood trim is on your Ascent?

Dark Cherry, thanks for looking at my system.

Very nice looking set up. I appreciate your comment about Jack Johnson on a rainy afternoon, he's great on a sunny one too (with a beverage in your hand).

Oh, and, GO BRONCOS!

max157 said:
Dark Cherry, thanks for looking at my system.
Thanks for posting it.

I love that color trim on your Ascents, now I am glad I ordered Dark cherry, from ML’s trim clearance sale. :D

Thank guys for your kind words.
Joe, I agreed, the dark cherry will looked great with your audio stand.

Mitt,
You're right. Jake Johnson is great anytime of the day with an iced cold beer. (Broncos got lucky during the divisional playoffs :D )

Great Looking system...

Max,

Your Ascent i's look awesome with the audio rack and wood behind your plasma TV. ;) What style of music do you and your wife listen to mostly?

Wonderful system!

Welcome aboard the ML Club! :D

Robin said:
Max,

Your Ascent i's look awesome with the audio rack and wood behind your plasma TV. ;) What style of music do you and your wife listen to mostly?

Wonderful system!

Welcome aboard the ML Club! :D

Hi Robin,

Any alternative music from the late 80’s like New Order, NIN, and Kate Bush are our favorites. Lately, we have been listing to Chris Bottis, Jake Johnson and varieties of female singers.

Awesome Music Selection...

Max,

Excellent taste in music too. I was wondering what your depth is sitting on in the photo? It looks like a black box cabinet?

Your system is very very cool. :)

Robin said:
Max,

Excellent taste in music too. I was wondering what your depth is sitting on in the photo? It looks like a black box cabinet?

Your system is very very cool. :)

Hi Robin,

The Depth is sitting on the top shelf of VTI audio stand and my B&K amp is on the bottom shelf. Originally I had all my audio equipment on a four shelves VTI audio stand but after I bought the entertainment/plasma center, I thought it would neat to showcase the Depth this way.

Back