System #11 (Aeon i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LyleFan

System #11 (CLS)

1. Member Name: Brian, AKA LyleFan

2. Location: San Antonio, TX, USA

3. ML Model(s): CLS

4. Year Purchased: 2005

5. Mods/Changes: CLSIIz Panels, DIY stands, and tinted plexi-glass covers on power supplies. CLSes and subwoofers are crossed over at 80hz throught the built in crossover in the preamp.

6. Associated Electronics:

Amplifier - Innersound ESL 300
Preamp - Anthem TLP-1
Tuner - Anthem TLP-1
CD/DVD - Pioneer Elite DV47AI Universal Player
Power Conditioner - Panamax 4100

7. Subwoofer:

Dual Onix Rocket UFW-10

8. Cables:

Speaker - Wireworld Polaris 5 w/ spades:
Interconnects - Wireworld Oasis 5 (subwoofers); Wireworld Equinox 3++ (preamp/amp); Wireworld Equinox 5 (CD/preamp)
Power Cables - Wireworld Electra 5 (CLS power supplies)

9. Rack: VTI

10. Room Size: 11W x 11L x 9H

11. Musical Preferences: Jazz, Vocal, Folk

I have always loved both the looks and sound of Martin Logan Speakers since I first saw them at Audio Perfection in Minneapolis in the early 1990's. I ended up purchasing a pair of Magnepan 1.5's as they were as close to the sound of the Martin Logans as I could get on my limited budget. Years later ended up getting a great deal on a pair of Aerius i's, which I later sold when I was able to purchase a pair of Aeon i's at a good price. Due to the limited space of the rooms where I always ended up placing my audio systems, I have tried unsuccessfully several times to get away from Martin Logans and purchase "box" speakers (I even made several attempts at buying Magnepan 1.6's and owned a pair of MMG's). However, when I have compared them directly to my Martin Logan's, I just could not get myself to purchase anything else as the Martin Logan's just do so much right for the type of sound and music that I love. I recently ended up purchasing a pair of original CLSes which IMO sound great.

Attachments

• CLS Power Supply (Small).jpg
    CLS Power Supply (Small).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,040
  • Stand Side 1.jpg
    Stand Side 1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,094
  • Stand Side 2.jpg
    Stand Side 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 958
  • Room Front Center.jpg
    Room Front Center.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,045
  • Component Rack.jpg
    Component Rack.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 999
Last edited:
Another Picture

Side view of system.

Attachments

• Side View 1.jpg
    Side View 1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,629
Yet another picture...

Front Right Speaker with sub in corner.

Attachments

• Right Speaker.jpg
    Right Speaker.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,808
Lylefan looks great !!!!!!! Which do you prefer, the Aeon's or the CLS ??

Thanks Wayne. I personally prefer the CLS to the Aeon i in my room with my musical tastes. The CLS is really a great speaker, but much more picky about placement/tilt/toe-in than my Aeon i's or Aerius i's.

Latest posts

Back