System #109 (Aeon i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys

The CJ is still running in and sounds a bit forward, almost bright but i know from a friend who has the same amp that it will soften with time. Even so, the resolution is astounding.

I plan to spend a day behind the rack and the tv this weekend to get everthing all tidy and then submit some new photos. Not easy when there is 14 power cables, 7 speaker cables and 10 pairs of interconnects :)

cheers
Frank

Last edited:
Finally the photos of my upgraded system are up on the 1st post.

The Conrad Johnson CA200 is burning in nicely. The original brightness I noticed at first is fading fast as i hoped, bringing in a much clearer midrange.

The system is much simpler now. Before I was running: Transport-DAC-Pre-Power Amp.

Now its just CD Player - Integrated amp.

Less wires, less power cables and less shelf space and now fully remote controllable

Using a programmed Harmony 1000i remote, my wife can use the system now.

You may notice I am trying isulators from power lines as speaker cables raiser. Not so sure that I will keep them: more things to trip over.

Now that I have a real high end cd player and amp (not stratospheric but still very expensive) This is the last upgrade for a while.

Then again I have said that before....

Last edited:
After 3 years of lurking I thought I would display the latest stage in my system development. Over the last three years I have changed:

(a) Almost all my cabling.

(b) My Dac: Weiss Dac 2 to Conrad Johnson HD3 and;

(c) last but not least I have managed to find a pair of 2004 Prodigys in a pawn shop which I managed purchase for a song.

While cabling and the new Dac brought huge improvements. The change from Aeon I to Prodigy has been breathtaking. Even with one dodgy panel (which crackles sizzles and visibly flickers in one spot - new panels on order) the sound improvement in term of detail, soundstaging, bass and scale.... wow!!!!

Even with the price of new panels I scored a bit of a bargain.

I was planning to move away from ML towards Australian ribbon speakers (Ambience) however this acquisition keeps me in the ML fold for a long time. These are keepers, now only if I had a bigger room.

By the way, the aeon I's are now serving duty in the upstairs second system. They look tiny compared to the Prodigys

Also, the first post has been amended with pictures accordingly

PS: can the title of the thread be changed to reflect the change of speakers?

Last edited:
Hi Amey

The 57 Quads are temporarily retired as they kept on blowing up amps. I suspect some shorting problem, still plan to restore them one day.

I'm surprised how well the little Pathos ClassicOne (MKII) powers the Aeon Is and I am really happy with how this second system (The wife's - in theory) sounds. Although, it should not be too surprising as, except for the Pathos, the components of this system equate to my main system about 4-5 years ago, right down to all the cables.

Also, here is a pic of the Aeons in this upstairs (main lounge) second system. (not the best photo - taken with phone).

Check the first post for pics of the Prodigys

Attachments

• 20130826_073732.jpg
    20130826_073732.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Back