System #101 (Summit X)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George did you get your Pass monos in yet and how do they sound?

No, not yet. Expecting to recieve them by Tuesday. I am still waiting on some other gear also. I hope to have the entire 2CH system put back togather by Friday. I'll keep everyone posted.

I just rearranged my equipment using a custom Adona modular rack which has a spare shelf at center bottom for future music server.

Awesome George! Love the set up! How are the Pass monos treating you?

Thanks!

Monos are just outstanding in touches my heart the way they sound. They are so seductive that it's nearly impossible for me to stop listening to them play.

I’ve just rearranged my audio equipment so it went from a 3 tier to a 2 tier tall rack. I felt the 3rd tier was both audio and visual intrusive. Now with a lower profile rack the center stage seems to be more coherent and detailed. It also opens up the sound stage and makes it feel bigger. I’m very happy with the rearrangement. You can see before and after shots below.

BEFORE

before.jpg

AFTER

one.jpg

Gorgeous set up! I bet it sound at least as good as it looks..

George , the room is very chill, I bet it is a great escape to get in that big chair with music in the air!

Well done

Hey George, I'm finally joining you and Babydoc in the Pass Labs class A ownership club, I puchased a used (2 months old) pair of the Pass XA60.5 monos to try with my CLS IIz's! They'll be here tomorrow! I couldn't quite swing the coin for XA100.5's.

Hey George, I'm finally joining you and Babydoc in the Pass Labs class A ownership club, I puchased a used (2 months old) pair of the Pass XA60.5 monos to try with my CLS IIz's! They'll be here tomorrow! I couldn't quite swing the coin for XA100.5's.

Nice! Please let us know your impression after a good bit of a critical listening session. I have a good friend with pair of XA60.5s and they are outstanding! They should provide you smooth detailed organic sound like mine do. Don’t forget to let them warm up for a least an hour before you start listening to them.:music:

I have recently added some bass traps to the room. A custom 32” trap on the right side, a 16” tube trap on the left side and a couple of panels behind the curtain. Effect on bass is great, tighter and more coherent articulation. I strongly feel the room is half of the system.

one.jpg

Thats one beautiful room you have there. Very clean installation. I could appreciate that. It must sound fantastic.

Holy moly! So that's why you want to host another SAS meeting! Just when it seems like you have max'd out your setup, you crank it up another notch! Sweet!

Thanks Ron. Ya, always striving for perfection. Listening to my system is a great way to get away from the real world. Just you and your passion for great music. :music:

I have replaced my Esoteric X-03SE SACD/CD player with my custom built Music server with 3TB of file storage and a external DAC. After extensive listening sessions I find that the music server is on par and some areas it surpasses it like more detail without the edginess, tighter focus bass/slam and more organic fluid mid range. The music server is backed up via a 3TB NAS. I have sold the Esoteric as I'm very much enjoying my new reference play back device! I truly feel the digital age for music has arrived and will be an incredible and exciting ride.

What are ya gonna do with your SACD's? The redbook layer of hybrid discs is not as high-res as SACD. That's mainly why I bought the Oppo!

Back