System #06 (Statement e2, Theater i, reQuest, Script i, Stylos, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bonedust

1. Member Name: Victor Farr

2. Location: Medina, Ohio (near cleveland)

3. ML Model(s):
Statement e2 (mains)
Theater i (center)
Requests (rears)
Script i (side effects)
Syylos (rear effects)
Descent

4. First Logan Purchase: 1994 (quest z's)

5. Mods/Changes: Request cap's upgraded, Stylos' have upgraded binding posts.

6. Associated Electronics:

Amplification:
- Krell FPB400cx x2 (statement's)
- Krell FBP350mcx (theater i)
- Krell FBP350mcx x2 (requests)
- Sunfire Sig 600 (scripts)
- Sunfire Sig 600 (stylos)

Cables (Speakers / Interconnects / AC):
-All Kimber Kables Interconnects
-All VK Connection Power Cords
-All VK Connection custom Built Speaker Cables

Power (Surge Protection / Distribution / Line Conditioning):
-Richard Gray 1200 in the rack
-Shunyata hydra-2 x4

Front End Equipment:
-Sunfire Theater Grand 4
-Denon DVD-5900 (modded)
-Sony 60" rear projection LCD
-ps2, x-box, Gamecube

7. Comments about my Martin Logan experience:

Ive been a long time Logan fan. I had been staring at them at the local Hi-FI Shack for years. I saved up for 3 years and bout my first pair at 20 yrs old...quest z's. I was hooked. ive upgraded...and upgraded...and upgraded. my most recent upgrade, the statements, were an insane stroke of luck. i was in the right place at the right time and offered the right amout of money...and it was done. im still in a bit of shock.....

8. An image of my system:

Below

Listening room:

19' wide x 29' deep x 8' ceilings

The room was just recently GUTTED and re-done to accomodate a larger tv and the statements. room is 100% accustiblocked, double 5/8" drywall, and carpeted concrete floors. front wall is covered in heavy drapes and the side walls have 4 damping panels dispersed appropriatly.

ML all the way....

Last edited:
WOW !! :)

You have a fantastic system, Bonedust! I am humbled!

Looking forward for pictures of your installation.

Best regards,

Kaliar

I can hardly wait to see and image of your Statements.

Last edited:
sorry for the bad pics, on of my friends who is a pro photographer is coming over tomorrow to get some good shots.

front wall...nevermind the makeshift tv-stand. it was a wood mock up of what im having built out of solid granite.
34287%3B7523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D4%3A%3A%3D368%3DXROQDF%3E232374%3A455%3A%3C3ot1lsi

left rear
34287%3B7523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D4%3A%3A%3D368%3DXROQDF%3E232374%3A4538%3C2ot1lsi

surround rears
34287%3B7523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D4%3A%3A%3D368%3DXROQDF%3E232374%3A4538%3B7ot1lsi

and finally the side effects

34287%3B7523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D4%3A%3A%3D368%3DXROQDF%3E232374%3A4538%3B%3Aot1lsi

its mainly built for theater, but performs very very well for 2 channel as well. i know i have some very unorthodox speaker placement, but i have been toying with this room for almost 5 years and the sound is spot on.

also, the amps in the front are a bit messy. ive been toying around with trying some different cabling and even different amps.

WOW! WOW! and WOW! pretty much sums things up. I'll bet it sounds phenomenal! Thank you for sharing that killer setup with us. I'm really looking forward to seeing the updated pix.:)

SV

Great System Bonedust. I am sure it sound fantastic.

It's very humbling so see that your rear surrounds and amps and many times greater than what I am trying to achieve with my Mains. One day.... one day I will be there many years from now.

WOW ! :)

I even cannot figure what is the result when you listen to your system!!....

I imagine that your closest neighbour lives 5 miles away...

Since your system is very much HT oriented, why don't you try video pojection? Your screen seems so small compared to the audio part... :)

All you need is the video system to match this fabulous surround sound system. I think a Barco CineVERSUM 120 + Master projection system would make this the ultimate home theatre system!

Nice system! How long have you had the Statements? I have never actually heard them how are they compaired to something like the Prodigy's?

Thanks,
Luke T. Holley

Ummm.. hate to bear bad news .. but..

Apparently no one has noticed that LEFT and RIGHT main towers on this system have been reversed.
The STAT panels are supposed to be on the outside edge ..

:eek:

Double D,

This was the first thing I noticed. On Goodwin's Highend website you'll see that in their installation of some Statements that they installed it the very same way. I believe this is partly for aesthetic reasons maybe Bonedust didn't like the idea of the panels rear wave firing directly onto the reflective Subwoofer towers side panels.

By the way Bonedust, this is a beautiful system :D

Double D said:
Apparently no one has noticed that LEFT and RIGHT main towers on this system have been reversed.
The STAT panels are supposed to be on the outside edge ..

:eek:

haha! i wondered if anyone would notice! i did a TON of playing around and repositioning and found that the panels being on the inside helped out my imaging greatly. the room is long and narrow...that may play into the effect.

good eyes D!!!

HiDefBob said:
All you need is the video system to match this fabulous surround sound system. I think a Barco CineVERSUM 120 + Master projection system would make this the ultimate home theatre system!

one step at a time ;)

the next step is to build a purpose-built room for them, then comes the runco VX-2c...then krell master ref amps ;)

Bonedust...

We were fortunate to have known you for awhile...

You were apart of us and we will miss you...

Here's to you Bonedust...

-Robin

any chance the photos could be updated, ive been picture addicted and the statements are serious eye candy.

Back